Anyone running Gearhead Tunes?

zporta

Reaction score
Now are you guys running these on mini maxx tuners? Looks like it's sct cappable which seems like a much cheaper option

12stroker

Reaction score
That's not what I read , just recently.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yeah they only have dpf on tunes I have yet to see someone using a sct only. There are some guys running a dpf-r and a sct but that's just as much as a h&s or a spartan tuner.

alwil

Reaction score
Yeah they only have dpf on tunes I have yet to see someone using a sct only. There are some guys running a dpf-r and a sct but that's just as much as a h&s or a spartan tuner.

Pm sent with my info

Powerstroke214

Reaction score
Not sure of the tuning platform but we have 2 6.7s at work that are dpf deleted and neither have a tuner in them, I think we have a XRT pro, but it is/was in a dodge iirc, so I'm assuming they have been tuned via sct. Especially since the h&s tuned 6.7 we have is a lot smokier(I don't think the other two even puffed while I drove them).

2008badlander

Reaction score
From what I'm reading people are saying the gear head tunes are better and less smokey than the spe tunes... Are the spe tunes smoke more than the h&s canned tunes?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WHY NOT

Reaction score
I drove a members truck with SPE tunes and it smokes way more than my gear head tunes and ****s much rougher that my gear head tunes. We haven't gotten a chance to run them side by side to see which is quicker yet though. The SPE tunes defiantly smoke quite a bit

alwil

Reaction score
It's not really a surprise that gear head tuning is better, anytime he steps foot into a new engine platform his tunes quickly jump to the top of the list....

Duckdawg

Reaction score
My egt's stay pretty low even on wot runs or pulling and the gearhead shifts are amazing, I was running the spe and I like gearhead way better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
What are the boost pressures on the performance tunes? I have no complaints with the SPE Hot X tunes, just trying to compare. I've hit 35psi a couple times. Seems I've hit it more after removing the filter back exhaust for a 4 inch. Also, I run the SPE Hot X tunes because I have a street tuner and that's how I run deleted. Are the Gearhead tunes able to do the same?

Keith

SPE

Reaction score
Just an FYI, the SPE Hot X tune was never created to be a daily driving tune. It's a race tune & was created for racing purposes. We offer a street/tow tune for daily driving purposes.

MadDiesel73

Reaction score
Ive seen 30 max in the hot tune. Its nearly smoke free for me puff and clear.. Cleaner then can h&s tunes. But i am coming from a 7.3 with 400/200's. I think the trans shifting alone makes it worth it for anyone.

Last edited:

lildevil02

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
For those that are unaware, you can tune the 6.7 with a SCT. Send me a PM if you need some info on it, don't want to take away from the thread.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.