Anyone use equal tire balancing?

sstrobl

Reaction score
So I dropped my wheels off to get the tires mounted and the 37s are too big for their banking machine so they said they were going to use this equal stuff instead. After doing a little research I've read mixed reviews. People said if moisture gets in it clumps up but I read it's polymer and does absorb water. If it's not a good method I want to call them tonight and tell them I'm going to take them somewhere else. I don't want any headaches later on. From what I've read toyo mts usually don't need weights if you line up the dot with the stem but with my luck mine would be one of the sets that is too far off for that. Let me know if you've used it and how you feel about it.

sstrobl

Reaction score
Yes I realize that I could probably get them balanced the traditional way at another shop but my buddy worked at this one so they gave me a great deal on the tires and install. If people think it's a bad idea I'll take them somewhere else but if people are doing fine with this new method I'll prolly just try it.

78f100

Reaction score
We use it all the time with good luck, however lately since the humidity has gotten so high here and I have a new compressor, I am getting some moisture in the lines. We lifted a duramax last week and put 35 1250 20s on it with glass beads and it rode like crap. We broke the tires back down to find moisture in them making the beads clump together. We have a refrigerated drier coming to solve this. In the mean time we are using a inline desiccant drier. I have 3 trucks 2 with equal and 1 with glass beads I like them. As long as they keep it dry you will love them. Never have to balance them again.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
their great. I have 37s and they are balanced perfect. just have to make sure they install the filtered valve cores

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I would have them put the tires and wheels together without equal and see how they drive. If they need balancing bring them to another shop to have them balanced. I personally have used the normal equal and the equal beads and don't like either of them. Tires would be smooth at one speed, then not at another. In both cases the tires were smoother unbalanced then with equal.

78f100

Reaction score
You may get by without balancing larger tires, but I can tell you we mount lots of tires and it's rare for one to be close enough. We just got a hunter road force balancer, haven't even got it out of the crate yet. Once we get it up and running we will be able to balance just about anything perfectly. My old balancers don't like anything over a 35 really and they are rough on the machines that's honestly the biggest reason most shops push the beads, powder. If a tire requires more than 4oz of lead we try to talk the customer into beads. The reason all my trucks have it is I like to test products before I sell it, and I don't like how weights look on my black wheels.

Ipkyss

Reaction score
I have a set of centramatics I would sell if anyone is interested.

Latest posts

Members online