anyone using dieselsites 4r100

mandkole

Reaction score
My trans guy has worked with Rusty Stewart at The Converter Shop for 20 yrs for all of the real go fast stuff. We'll use one of his converters in my truck if his local supplier's unit can't hang.

TyCorr

Reaction score
After talking around outside the forums, im not real big on a precision converter.

I was told to use a roadrunner triple disc if a builder doesnt supply a converter. They are good shti.

Rupp250

Reaction score
Not running one yet, but will be by the end of next week. Should be here on Tuesday. Contacted several companies regarding their 4r100 builds. bases on what I heard and who got back to me is what I based my decision on.
The only upgrade I did was the billet input shaft. Will update later on when i get a few miles on it.

riverboy460

Reaction score
Awesome this is why I posted asking for info on this transmission no one has posted any real life experiences with it yet. At least I can't find any. So I can't wait to hear back from rupp250.

Reaction score
So are the current Precision any good?

TCS as in Torque Converter Specialties (Canada) or The Converter Shop?

Billy T.
[email protected]

Yes this was back around 2001-2003 when triple disc converters were just starting to show up on the market for rebuilders to use.. Precision converters have been around for a minute, good converters are built by small shops that don't try to "mass" produce them... Sun Coast was actually a really small outfit for years until in the recent 5 years.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies. I have talked to Bob said he would put hi sx trans up against anyones. Not sure what total build cos t would be for me to do it. Sun c oast said 1500 for parts alone not including torque convertor. John woods told me he uses 4k in new parts in the towmaster. Those are cryod shafts as well he uses a billet forward drum only according to his website list.

I'm on the west coast. Cant just drive into Johns shop either do to beING in a different stste. What did some of you pay to build your own or from builders if u don't mind me asking. My love al shops want 4-6 k and I don't trust them.

What state are you in?

TyCorr

Reaction score
Look. The prices are listed on the site.

He has a 4r not an e4 so the price may be a bit different.

I paid $450 for the one I bought. It was beat to death by me in a stock trans with a vb upgrade and it is still alive in a truck running 238/80s. Three years later.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Anybody want to address some triples being called triples that are really duals with a friction thrown in? Or is that not relrvant anymore?

I really wish someone on here was using Ultimate trans in Idaho. I talked to the guy but just couldnt get together. His prices were great for the quality of work he proposed to do. He was daily driving a 750hp cummins auto on 37s. He said hes built tons of 4rs for locals but only a couple that were built to hold big power. The dude makes everything. And machines the trans to accept a 13" convertor versus a 12". He had some great ideas about how he increased lubrication to reduce heat related fatigue of the common breaking parts.

riverboy460

Reaction score
I'm in washington Derek I spoke to you last week. About a John woods. Don't wanna dump this kinda cash in my truck anymore. Probably should just sale it and buy something newer.

Rupp250

Reaction score
Well got the truck back. Don't have too many miles on it. It is mainly used to pull my toyhauler. I am running the Synthetic fluid from Lubrication Engineers. As of right now it still has stock injectors.

When I picked up the truck from the shop I ran it with no tuner. I was unsure if Matt had pressures ramped up, so just wanted to get a feeling of how it ran. The following day I plugged the programmer in and drove it around some.

Just when you drop it into drive you can tell there is a difference. Much more positive. The shifts are firm but not harsh. They are very quick as well. Not much slip going on. I'm happy with it.

Will get some miles on it and report back. Headed to Pismo next week and will be pulling 10k

riverboy460

Reaction score
Gotta love Pismo beach rupp. I'm from huntington beach grew up going ridding in the sand dunes in Pismo with buddies. I towed my 5er down from Washington state were I'm stationed in the military and took my daughter out riding her little ttr50 on the beach back in april/may of this year. I will probably be going back sometime in spring or summer for another week with her. she had a blast. that's if I don't drag the boat home with me this time and assuming I have my truck fixed by then. I'm on a waiting list for a john woods towmaster right now. was thinking about just buying the dieselsite one your running but by the time I put in just a billet forward drum john runs I would be about the same as his trans. I can live with the stock cryo input shaft I don't think I'm going any bigger with injectors. anyway hope you enjoy the sand dunes. roost it up for me.

riverboy460

Reaction score
So update I ordered my John woods towmaster transmission. Paid for and he was building it yesterday. I was told that it would be shipped Thursday by his sweet receptionist. He is truly a stand up guy. Him and his receptionist are both very professional. Im glad I was able to have my transmission built from one of the 4r100 god fathers before he retires. I hope he is still going for years to come and hope i never have to warranty it. I drive a average of 10k miles a or if that depending on road trips. I will inform when im driving with my new towmaster.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.