Anyone Using RCD Platnium Head Gaskets Yet?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
yes... but if you look at the new Victor Reinz ones, they are multi layered stainless steel, they have the same "coating" around everything, but its black. I called several places that sell the VR ones and they all state that they look just like oem, just black. I just want to be sure that the Victor Reinz ones and the RCD ones arent the same, and if they arent... what are the differences?

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
its kinda like using the Dorman oil cooler from rock auto that comes with a lifetime warranty and only spending 144.00 dollars for the kit...... or paying 300 bucks for the ford one that comes with no warranty

Mdub707

Reaction score
its kinda like using the Dorman oil cooler from rock auto that comes with a lifetime warranty and only spending 144.00 dollars for the kit...... or paying 300 bucks for the ford one that comes with no warranty

The Ford one's were $235 or so, but just went up to $250ish recently. Ford parts all come with a 12/12 warranty don't they?

I'm really interested to learn more about these gaskets. I'm also interested to see if someone tries the Cometic one's. I used to use primarily Cometic gaskets when I raced four wheelers.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
The Ford one's were $235 or so, but just went up to $250ish recently. Ford parts all come with a 12/12 warranty don't they?

I'm really interested to learn more about these gaskets. I'm also interested to see if someone tries the Cometic one's. I used to use primarily Cometic gaskets when I raced four wheelers.

Not sure, but I will be using the Dorman one when I put this engine back together, I will probably be using the new VR gaskets as well.... If they are gonna work, I will be a good one to test them I guess....

HOLDERDOWN

Reaction score

Is that if they install them?

09stroker

Reaction score
How much are the VR gaskets?
I'm not sure I would chance it with their track record.

STR8LINE

Reaction score
Iam going too go with cometic, I havent gotten a price yet on them But if I have too when time comes I'll just call them up directly an go from there. But from My experience.. Alot of Turbo SBF an N2O cars One 15.5-1 .740 8800rpm 310ci, BBF An BBC/SBC on spray etc.. I have Always had Good luck with cometic! I will Try them out for My truck in a Heartbeat without Any feedback or Known results!

My .02

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Iam going too go with cometic, I havent gotten a price yet on them But if I have too when time comes I'll just call them up directly an go from there. But from My experience.. Alot of Turbo SBF an N2O cars One 15.5-1 .740 8800rpm 310ci, BBF An BBC/SBC on spray etc.. I have Always had Good luck with cometic! I will Try them out for My truck in a Heartbeat without Any feedback or Known results!

My .02

good luck with cometic, I just got off the phone with them, and they stated that they dont even make them for the 6.0 yet, they are working on it, but they have had some issues and they wont be out at least until next year

Lubbockguy1979

Reaction score
In the past a lot of companies had "black onyx" gaskets that were suppose to be so great. Then we realized it was a cheaper gasket just markted way up. After a short period of time they were then considered junk. I would be leary. Its a lot of work to save money if it didn't pan out.

doubledee715

Reaction score
How much are the VR gaskets?
I'm not sure I would chance it with their track record.

In the past a lot of companies had "black onyx" gaskets that were suppose to be so great. Then we realized it was a cheaper gasket just markted way up. After a short period of time they were then considered junk. I would be leary. Its a lot of work to save money if it didn't pan out.

this guy carries weight. Wouldn't chance it.

http://www.powerstrokedoctor.com/6-0-powerstroke-questions-answers

STR8LINE

Reaction score
good luck with cometic, I just got off the phone with them, and they stated that they dont even make them for the 6.0 yet, they are working on it, but they have had some issues and they wont be out at least until next year

WoW Man Good Info! as I have had guys on here say they could get me priceing for the Cometics Rtnow lol Yea.. If I cant talk direct too cometic an hear them say, Yea we can fix You up for your 6.0 Ford! Then I will be going OEM I guess

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.