Are baby swamps enough?

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
I'm wanting to do a couple mods to my 96 as its needing a hpop, injectors and valve cover gaskets anyway. I'm wanting to find out for one how a set of swamps 150/146's and a adrenalin will run with a ww2 and stock fuel. Also how do i find out if i need to order for a 95 since my engine has 95 stamped on the hpop reservoir but its a 96 truck. Searched but couldn't find much. Truck is just a dd and tow pig that gets hooked to a sled once or twice a year.Thanks.

96stacked&smoken

Reaction score
Good to hear, so egt's, boost etc. won't get to high? Any thoughts on which year hpop i need? Also it seems they had different ipr's, do i need switch that out to?

Reaction score
On the HPOP issue, the way to find out definitively is to get the engine serial # off the block. There is a serial # break. I can't recall the specifics, only that I checked it out and found out my 96 is on the upper side of the break so no special HPOP needed.

I have the equivalent of Baby Swamps I guess, stock AC code, 160cc stock tips. The power, mileage etc seem to be a decent compromise. I'm slowly whipping my EGT issues, fixing boost leaks helped, as did a WW2 and 1.0 housing. I need to update the HPOP and tuning next. And of course an intercooler would be a big help towing. As it is now it is pretty responsive and manageble on EGT.

Russ

Reaction score
I just ran mine on the dyno and made 365 hp and 795 Tq. with my set up.

Moremph

Reaction score
Baby Swamps are a great upgrade, you will not be disappointed. this is coming from the guy who had set #2

TyCorr

Reaction score
A good shape ad does 150cc on our bench completely maxed out. You are basically losing the split shot operation and also ditching the oil thirsty by design.

Those two should equal a small increase in power.

Are you talking about the 150's or 175's?

He is saying that a ad is 150cc, although obs never had them. A ac or 150cc single shot will use much less oil and will be easier in terms of hpo needs. Should be a pretty nice bump in power. If you have stock injectors it will be a pretty dramatic improvement in performance.

edit:your stock injectors are ~98cc

Latest posts

Members online