Are most tuner shops fully built transmissions pretty much the same?

capt dong

Reaction score
Not trying to start any drama. The few brands/shops i would consider buying a fully built trans is elite, midwest (morgan), and suncoast and maybe a couple others. Just want to know the difference if there is any.

sootie

Reaction score
Not trying to start any drama. The few brands/shops i would consider buying a fully built trans is elite, midwest (morgan), and suncoast and maybe a couple others. Just want to know the difference if there is any.

of course there are differences. Each builder had their own tricks. Look at warranty, lead time and cost if you have no personal experience with any vendor. Morgan gets my vote hands down.

Lipka101

Reaction score
of course there are differences. Each builder had their own tricks. Look at warranty, lead time and cost if you have no personal experience with any vendor. Morgan gets my vote hands down.
I would love to know what these differences are. Nobody actually knows what they are. I guess I'll call around one day and talk to the guys that actually build them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

79jasper

Reaction score
Good luck. If it's some truck of the trade, they're not gonna tell you.
It's just like injectors, tuning, etc.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Six_Sloww

Reaction score
I would love to know what these differences are. Nobody actually knows what they are. I guess I'll call around one day and talk to the guys that actually build them.

If you look around on the Internet you'll find plenty of people that had all the "good parts" and had their local transmission shop build it and six months later their transmission was a greasy paperweight.

Midwest and twisted are popular choices on here and for good reason.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Good luck. If it's some truck of the trade, they're not gonna tell you.
It's just like injectors, tuning, etc.

That's crap. I want to know what I'm getting. But I guess it's their call.

79jasper

Reaction score
Maybe. But if it was a easy business building high hp trans, everyone would be doing it, and the original question wouldn't have needed to be asked.

sootie

Reaction score
That's crap. I want to know what I'm getting. But I guess it's their call.

Your getting a built trans-whats the big deal? All the parts they use are out in the open. It's how they install am the tweaks they do that matter

Lipka101

Reaction score
Your getting a built trans-whats the big deal? All the parts they use are out in the open. It's how they install am the tweaks they do that matter
Not a big deal. Have you ever rebuilt/built a transmission? Even taken one apart and then gave up because you realized you have no idea what you were doing? Would be nice to know what the trans builders do. Not to take anything from them. I enjoy rebuilding transmissions and one day when mine goes I will be building it myself.

I get it that it's isn't easy to build high hp transmissions and they have the right to keep their secrets. Just trying to have a discussion here.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

capt dong

Reaction score
I am definitely not trying to put one together myself. Suncoast has a pretty good description on what they put into a trans. You dont have to give away secrets and describe in detail whats in a product. But ill call when the time comes. I just would rather know ahead of time to compare. Its a lot easier when the shop is close by and be able to deal with them instead of thousands of miles away especially when something goes wrong. But that might work out good for the shop. :D

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.