I have a 2002 CCSB 7.3/4r100 that has the following done to it so far,
•PHP Phoenix
•john woods valve body
•EGT gauge(pre turbo)
•tranny temp gauge,
•Banks billet torque converter,
•turbo outlet (non-EBV),
•4" down pipe and exhaust
•New turbo w/wicked wheel and 1.0AR outlet.
•Riffraff FRX , HPX,
•intercooler lower boots & plenum reinforcement inserts.
•Diesel Site upper intercooler boots (4) with reinforcement rings.
•Non-EBV pedestal.
•Hutch and Harpoon mod.
•6.0L trans cooler.
•Maghytech tranny pan and front and rear diff cover

I've been thinking about going with 160/100 or 160/30 single shots for a while and am wondering if it's really worth the money. How much WHP should I gain?
Also is there anyone who is running single shots and is passing California smog? Any info/input would be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Yes, they are a very nice upgrade. More power, and they use less HPO. 160/30's would be a good match for you. We carry Full Force injectors if you are interested. Click HERE.

Yes, you can pass Cali smog. You will likely just need a Modified Stock tune or Low Fuel tune. We offer both of those as well.

desertbound1024

Reaction score
Yes, they are a very nice upgrade. More power, and they use less HPO. 160/30's would be a good match for you. We carry Full Force injectors if you are interested. Click HERE.

Yes, you can pass Cali smog. You will likely just need a Modified Stock tune or Low Fuel tune. We offer both of those as well.

When the time comes, I will contact you. I'm going to go with a 38r when I get the injectors. I'm shooting for 400whp. Does that seem reasonable with the setup I want to go with?

Reaction score
When the time comes, I will contact you. I'm going to go with a 38r when I get the injectors. I'm shooting for 400whp. Does that seem reasonable with the setup I want to go with?

Should be, I watched an OBS with a stock turbo, 160/80 Rosewoods and a smoke tune make 396 on the dyno with a slipping clutch. As far as Cali smog, you will need to send the ECM to Power Hungry and get the base file flashed for Single shots so that way you can have it idle smooth and run the monitors for smog.

Dmstrucks02

Reaction score
I just put in 238/80s, my truck has never run so good
Wish I did it sooner

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

dsberman94

Reaction score
Like what I'm hearing about them. Have some PIS 175/80s sitting here in the box till I get back from vacation.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

Sounds good. I will get you setup.

You may want to bump injector size up a little bit for 400+ HP. I would do a 180/80 instead. It will put you somewhere between 400-425HP, and will still work great with the 38R. Cost difference between a 160/30 and 180/80 is not much.

desertbound1024

Reaction score
Sounds good. I will get you setup.

You may want to bump injector size up a little bit for 400+ HP. I would do a 180/80 instead. It will put you somewhere between 400-425HP, and will still work great with the 38R. Cost difference between a 160/30 and 180/80 is not much.

I was thinking 160/30 because I thought it would be easier to tune to pass smog in California. The goal with the truck will be more power on down the road once I get funds for a Built trans and forged rods, push rods, studs ect. What would be the best injector/turbo setup that will be able to run decent and 400 or so hp and also have potential for 500+? Or is that even a possibility with one setup?

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I was thinking 160/30 because I thought it would be easier to tune to pass smog in California. The goal with the truck will be more power on down the road once I get funds for a Built trans and forged rods, push rods, studs ect. What would be the best injector/turbo setup that will be able to run decent and 400 or so hp and also have potential for 500+? Or is that even a possibility with one setup?

We have a Low Fuel tune available which is designed for smog testing with larger injectors.

400HP and 500HP are two completely different beasts. 400HP is simple and easy. 500HP has a lot more involved, and the budget goes up pretty drastically. You will need a lot more supporting mods.

JoeDiesle

Reaction score
400HP and 500HP are two completely different beasts. 400HP is simple and easy. 500HP has a lot more involved, and the budget goes up pretty drastically. You will need a lot more supporting mods.[/QUOTE]

Ditto, and my runs damn good at 500hp.:ford:

ibestroken

Reaction score
Running 160/80s pis with a 38r in my tow pig with php tuning. It's am awesome truck to haul with and fun to play with when ya turn it up.

uncool

Reaction score
300/200's and a 76mm charger on a 380 rwhp tow tune passed CA smog with no issues. Your little injectors will be fine.

Latest posts

Members online