ARP vs Extreme Studs

KCTurbos

Reaction score
I posted the thickness info as food for thought. I did not say that it made them stronger. But on the other hand I have heard people say that studs stretch at the center point of the stud (ive never actually seen it myself)... so in theory a thicker stud at the center could only help (definitely not make it any worse)

Also the better clamping force of the h13 is not because of the thicker material like
bigrpowr said. It is because of the material that it is made of. There are many people who have had nothing but issues with ARPs and switched to h11 or h13 and never had problems again. I have never heard of it happening the other way around. It could have been a bad batch of ARPs? Could have been installation? Could have been that ARPs don't hold up as well. Only time and reviews will tell.

swinky

Reaction score
Hopefully you're wrong and scaring everybody with ARPs for no reason.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
Hopefully you're wrong and scaring everybody with ARPs for no reason.

Yeah I don't know what this kcturbo guy is referring to , so please don't group what I say with him. Arp's are fine but when you turn up the wick I would feel better with an h-13. Period.

KCTurbos

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what this kcturbo guy is referring to , so please don't group what I say with him. Arp's are fine but when you turn up the wick I would feel better with an h-13. Period.

This is all I am saying. I keep blowing my ARPs and I know many other guys that do too. For $135 more it seems like a good deal if they hold up better. I was/am just doing my research and sharing it with others. I don't sell extreme studs and have never run any. I just installed a set and will see how they hold up.

swinky

Reaction score

I hear ya man. In your opinion would it be worth it to maybe pull the arps and do h-13s one at a time? I'm only looking for low 600s.

That makes it sound a lot better. Thanks for that lol

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
This is all I am saying. I keep blowing my ARPs and I know many other guys that do too. For $135 more it seems like a good deal if they hold up better. I was/am just doing my research and sharing it with others. I don't sell extreme studs and have never run any. I just installed a set and will see how they hold up.

Oh I totally agree.
I hear ya man. In your opinion would it be worth it to maybe pull the arps and do h-13s one at a time? I'm only looking for low 600s.

That makes it sound a lot better. Thanks for that lol

Absolutely. And they are reusable.

swinky

Reaction score
I'm just going to sell the ***ker at the first signs of a blown gasket. *** it.

imelmo

Reaction score
Redo as in the arps didn't hold

Well, I can make one hit now at full power. Then I have to go buy a gallon or two of distilled water at the store. LOL

But yes, ARP's are in there right now.

swinky

Reaction score
So if I'm planning on doing an s366 and 190/75s I should just sell the truck instead of blowing gaskets again.

swinky

Reaction score
If I get out of a 6.0 I'm getting a cummings. I can't do a 6.4 or 6.7 I don't think.

Latest posts

Members online