ARPs cracking blocks?

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
I am planning on taking my truck to a well known shop around this part. He says thay he has heard about 4 times and witnessed 3 times. Any truth to thid that you guys know of? He said the A1 studs haven't done it. Should I be worried?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I have heard of it on 6.0s before. I could maybe see that because of the higher torque value it could cause it.

I had coolant running up my head stud last time in my crew cab and so I checked the block for cracks and didn't find anything. I did use thread sealant on the stud in the block just to make sure.

94.5 Stroker

Reaction score
Dustin do you think its something I should worry about? Maybe get some different studs a1s or the ones Anthony said? Or just pray for the best and go with arp?

kdogg85

Reaction score
My wife's truck has arp's and no problems. Were they cleaning out the bolt holes of fluids when they installed them? That will cause the block to crack due to hydraulic pressure. IIRC, you clean out the holes, then run the stud down to bottom out, then back it off so much(don't remember how much) then start torquing down the nuts.

jdgleason

Reaction score
Dustin do you think its something I should worry about? Maybe get some different studs a1s or the ones Anthony said? Or just pray for the best and go with arp?

That's a personal call man.... I think if you are uneasy about it, then don't chance it. You know what a motor costs.

That being said I have heard of it, but didn't seem to be common. I would imagine that if it did have something to with the ARP's, that it's attributed to the higher torque spec.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
I don't see how the brand of stud could possibly cause the crack...

Nic

Reaction score
^^ i agree..i believe an over torque could be this problem for sure..or debris like kdogg85 stated..i have the h-11s from elite and dont have any problems and havent herard of this happening at all yet..1st for me

chromehound

Reaction score
I am planning on taking my truck to a well known shop around this part. He says thay he has heard about 4 times and witnessed 3 times. Any truth to thid that you guys know of? He said the A1 studs haven't done it. Should I be worried?

Just curious who are you taking it to?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
only time i have seen it is if they dont clean the block holes out and torque the studs down weve installed multiple sets without a issue

Latest posts

Members online