at what hp level

rsater1

Reaction score
at what hp level should u invest in FTI crank balance/damper.. and would it help to not give my 7.3. Window's or brake pmrs or whatever thanks in advance

rsater1

Reaction score
I haven't change my mod list yet just put 175 80 nozzles in truck 4 ilne feed 38 r and performance tc ..getting close no???? and custom tunes ??

Powerstroker7.3

Reaction score
I feel like with those injectors and the proper tuning you are still in the safe zone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rsater1

Reaction score
im not trying to get out of this range either .was wondering .what mod level /hp should u be looking to invest in a dampener

rsater1

Reaction score
harmonics are harsh at best in a good running 7.3 it cant hurt..????

cjfarm111

Reaction score
I installed one about two months ago and I could for sure tell the difference especially at idle. I know they are expensive for no real performance/hp gain but.......harmonics are a silent killer.

Jason

Reaction score
Do they eliminate the vibrations on high idle?? I know both my old 7.3's idled up around 1k-1200 had a faint pulse to them. Wonder if the damoener would take care of that as well.

CurtisF

Reaction score
at what hp level should u invest in FTI crank balance/damper.. and would it help to not give my 7.3. Window's or brake pmrs or whatever thanks in advance

A fluid damper will have zero effect on keeping a PMR motor alive under high stress.

PMRs are good for up to about 425hp. You're nowhere near that.

It's not the HP that anyone needs to be worried about on a PMR motor, it's the torque.

Cylinder pressures are what scatters rods, and you can get a good idea about cylinder pressures if you know what kind of torque you're putting out.

As a rough example, a PMR putting out 400hp and 1000 tq will scatter rods in no time, compared to a 450hp and 800 tq that will probably live forever.

Which is also why a fluid damper will have no effect on keeping a PMR motor alive if your cylinder pressures are more than the rods can handle.

TyCorr

Reaction score
My old neighbors built 7.3 was balanced and we couldnt tell any difference in the stock vs the am balancer on a balanced setup.

Honestly with those injectors id not be too worried. But if you are rough on stuff anything is possible. You're gonna get pmr tuning as soon as they get your info.

dsberman94

Reaction score
My old neighbors built 7.3 was balanced and we couldnt tell any difference in the stock vs the am balancer on a balanced setup.

Honestly with those injectors id not be too worried. But if you are rough on stuff anything is possible. You're gonna get pmr tuning as soon as they get your info.

That's because he unbalanced a balanced motor by putting a fluid dampener on it. I believe I read lincolnlocker had that problem with his motor and Morgan told him about the dampener on a balanced motor when he brought it there.

campbellflage

Reaction score
That's because he unbalanced a balanced motor by putting a fluid dampener on it. I believe I read lincolnlocker had that problem with his motor and Morgan told him about the dampener on a balanced motor when he brought it there.

I have not heard any issues with a 7.3 and the fluidampr, and most of the other issues I have read is from people balancing a motor with it on, which doesn't work have to get it up to rpm to properly balance. Think its an issue with taking out oil pump gears on 6.7's as well.

dsberman94

Reaction score
I have not heard any issues with a 7.3 and the fluidampr, and most of the other issues I have read is from people balancing a motor with it on, which doesn't work have to get it up to rpm to properly balance. Think its an issue with taking out oil pump gears on 6.7's as well.

Read the post I quoted. Ty said his neighbors motor was balanced with a dampener.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Read the post I quoted. Ty said his neighbors motor was balanced with a dampener.

balanced with a fluidampr? If so then thats the issue

nevermind, I reread it. Was that on a 7.3? I have not had any issues with mine, but it i were to do it again i would have went ati

Latest posts

Members online