ATS turbo kit

bdm1981

Reaction score
Everything was pretty straightforward as far as install goes. I haven't got any bad vibes about it. It works really well for what I use the truck for which is just a daily driver. Spools well and has plenty of top end. The only thing I miss from my old setup with the stock turbo is the fuel mileage. I lost about 1.5 to 2 mpg. But I expected that. I'll take the power increase over mileage any day.

Pstroke14

Reaction score
Where's your fuel mileage at ? Yeah I'll take the power over the slight loss in mileage , could be due to the right foot factor ? Looks like a nice kit , some of the other choices are just outta my price range

bdm1981

Reaction score
Where's your fuel mileage at ? Yeah I'll take the power over the slight loss in mileage , could be due to the right foot factor ? Looks like a nice kit , some of the other choices are just outta my price range
I average between 16.5 to 18. Driving in town kills my mileage but on the open road it does pretty good. That is if I can keep my foot out of it...lol.

Notneb

Reaction score
I average between 16.5 to 18. Driving in town kills my mileage but on the open road it does pretty good. That is if I can keep my foot out of it...lol.

You "lost" mpg? 14.5mpg is where I live daily, lol.

Reaction score
Fwiw, the bigger vgts don't experience the mileage loss while still gaining the same gain in power and not sacrificing near the loss of driveability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bdm1981

Reaction score
Fwiw, the bigger vgts don't experience the mileage loss while still gaining the same gain in power and not sacrificing near the loss of driveability.

I do agree with you there Morgan. I'm happy with my setup and works well for what I use it for. I do notice the differences between the non-vgt and VGT turbos. Hoping to get my truck back this week to drive it some more. Still waiting on the transmission from you guys. Looking forward to seeing what it drives like once I get together.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
I do agree with you there Morgan. I'm happy with my setup and works well for what I use it for. I do notice the differences between the non-vgt and VGT turbos. Hoping to get my truck back this week to drive it some more. Still waiting on the transmission from you guys. Looking forward to seeing what it drives like once I get together.

im guessing it should be there tomorrow or thursday buddy ! thanks !

Reaction score
Even with the bigger barder 6670r?

Yes. The difference between by and non-Vgt. Can cruise at 1500 rpm, tip in the throttle and it will build boost without downshifting. Make 20+psi under 2000 rpms all day.

And as long as it works for your application, that's all that matters!

Your trans left last week! Should be there anyway.

Latest posts

Members online