attempting exhaust install...

one2nine

Reaction score
I think all of the dp's are 4" then open up to a 5". I don't think you can fit a 5" without clearance issues

WoodBoy

Reaction score
you shouldnt need to jack anything up in the rear unless the fit sucks. spray penetrating oil or wd-40 on all the factory slip joints and hanger bushings as early as possible and let soak. shouldnt be that big of a deal at all.

I've never been able to get stock out, especially if it has a gooseneck hitch, without jacking the rear up and dropping the spare, now putting the new in is a different story it fits right in

RedRice589

Reaction score
Yea i had to jack it up to get the stocker out unless you got it totally undone from yhe last clamp. Before it goes over the axle. I had to bend the spare tire heat shield to get some wiggle room still not rdy to cut my downpipe out yet. :D

Nic

Reaction score
I've never seen a 5" dp are you sure it's not 4? And I also cut from the top seemed to work well for me.

Im not too sure about that either. I would imagine clearance would be a factor as well, but then again I have yet to tackle a 6.4..heres the pic of the down pipe and exhaust. It looks like its pretty wide.

kitnomuffler-500x500_zps8df62eab.jpg

RedRice589

Reaction score
Wth??? That looks like a 5 but my downpipe has some bends in it once it comes off the turbo... i'd like to see what she looks like once you get it.... not saying its not a 5 inch i've just looked around abunch and no go on 5" DP....

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Fitment of a 5" dp would be TIGHT if not imposable. A few will/do have them but not in the stock routing. It was a bitch getting the dp out and the exhaust over the axle was a joy too.

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I'd be highly surprised if a 5" down pipe made any real improvement over a 4". i foresee a LOT of headaches and "eff this chit" in your near future. Dunno about you guys but I hate rubbing and rattling

WoodBoy

Reaction score
That is probably just a generic picture, not indicating the exact exhaust you are getting. I would bet its not a 5" downpipe

sootie

Reaction score
jack the rear up to get the stocker pipe off.

if you have a dpf delete already, the sensor struggles have already been dealt with.

for the downpipe, undoe it from the turbo and let it drop. then just use an 8" milwaukee sawzall blade and cut the downpipe from the bottom as high as you can and it should twist out.

putting the new pipe in is an absolute breeze. the only struggle i had was fitting the turbo clamp on the downpipe-i really scraped my knuckles.

one2nine

Reaction score
If you're reusing sensors lots of heat and a big cheater bar to get them out. My last sensor was gaulded in so I ended up just buying a new one from ford. I think they're around 35-40. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

Nic

Reaction score
If you're reusing sensors lots of heat and a big cheater bar to get them out. My last sensor was gaulded in so I ended up just buying a new one from ford. I think they're around 35-40. Just something to keep in the back of your mind.

True. Another buddy of mine's 6.4 had that similar issue. Took some extra persuasion. You got a sharp truck btw. :thumbup:

PSM_Kid

Reaction score
That is probably just a generic picture, not indicating the exact exhaust you are getting. I would bet its not a 5" downpipe

It's not 5 inch. If you look at their website it says that it's a 4 inch down pipe, then goes to 5 inch after that. You are also right on the picture that Nic posted of the exhaust system. It's a generic picture used for all of their kits on the website.

Latest posts

Members online