ATZ or STZ... Any opinions?

mortal798

Reaction score
Any opinions on either the ATZ's or STZ's? I am due for some new tires in the next month or two, and I am trying to decide which way to go. I do a lot of highway driving, and tow a 14k 5th wheel in the summer, my wife will not be happy with tires that are noisy.

Any experience with wear, mileage, noise, ride quality, etc... would be helpful. Thanks!

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
I have ATZ's and the only time i can actually hear them is with all 4 windows down and im decelling somewhere. they are virtually quiet. I am very happy with them.

99F250Smitty

Reaction score
I was very happy with my ATZ's on my 99, and currently have a set on order.

Ride was great, traction was good. I did notice some minimal road noise, but it wasn't terrible. Put 9-10k on them before I sold the truck, and they still looked brand new.

mortal798

Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I am looking for something that will wear well... I would like to get 40,000 miles out of them if possible, I do all highway driving.

Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

mortal798

Reaction score
I have Michelins right now and thy have about 45,000 on them.
Sent from my Epic 4G using Tapatalk

TyCorr

Reaction score
I wouldnt recommend much else besides Mickeys.for.a.truck. I have had excellent luck with michelin ltx series(ms at and as) on my duramax work trucks. 50k mile tire while.towing.everyday. I ran a set on my 00 ranger I put 36k on them and they looked.new.

For a heavy ford though, mickey thompson gets.my.vote. The claws on my superduty are unbelievable. 325/80/16. They are d rated but the rating is 3325lbs per tire. I pulled a HEAVY boat with it a couple summers ago and it wasnt squirrely or bulging the sidewalls out. They wear like iron. Ive got.20k on emand they look like new.tires. I am planning on running atzs next. I ran some mtz's before these. Baja belted before.that. They were ok but.wore quickly.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
I ran 33x13.50x18 ATZ's on my 05 F250 and had 50k miles on them. Only reason I took them of is because I ran over something on the highway doing 65 and it shredded the one tire. I'd bet I could have gotten quite a bit more miles out of them. At least 60k. I highly recommend them for highway driving.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
ATZ's are awesome tires, look aggressive don't make a lot of road noise and wear very well. I'm really regretting buying toyo mt's instead of staying with the mickeys.

Clint_FX4

Reaction score
Well not to derail but I was wondering about the MTZ. Has anyone ran both ATZ and MTZ? If I could get a better mud tire with the wear of an ATZ I would run the MTZ forever. Anyone had any experience?

TyCorr

Reaction score
They wear like.mud.tires do. Quicker. Mine werent rotated and lasted for two years. Probably 40k miles. Noisy as all ***kin hell. Worse than the baja claws. If you want a better street tire.get the atz's. If you want an aggressive tire.that will.sling clay thirty feet in the air.get the.claw. They wear better and actually clean out.

Latest posts

Members online