Auto enginuity

Reaction score
Anyone here use ford enhanced auto enginuity scanner? If so how do you like it? Thinking about getting one wondering what you guys thought of it?

2001 ecsb 7.3, gtp38r, blank pedestal, ccv mod, reg. return, ad2 pump, gh tunes om a hydra, bts built 4r100,and more

2012 yfz450 bunch of stuff

rsater1

Reaction score
I was told u don't really need a tutorial ,to use is this true ,, I'm not computer savey ,, at all

emev0l

Reaction score
I was told u don't really need a tutorial ,to use is this true ,, I'm not computer savey ,, at all

Jump on youtube and watch some videos on it, you need to know what your looking for and it's intimidating for someone who doesn't normally use computers. It doesn't walk you threw anything, but it's not hard to figure out. I'm confident that anyone can play around with it until they get it figured out, or watch a couple videos, or just ask a couple questions on here. We wont leave ya hangin.

I use it, it's pretty great, I have the full suite for all US cars.

Strictly Diesel

Reaction score
It's a great tool for the average DIYer, which is why we worked so hard with Jay (owner of AE) years ago to make sure the Powerstroke coverage was as good as it possibly could be. Jay spent hours at my place testing numerous different trucks and comparing functions to the Ford NGS and IDS tools, and he was really good about taking input we provided from our own use of the tool, and feedback we got from customers. I don't think you will find a better consumer level diagnostic tool out there.

All that said, you do have to know what you are looking for/at. AE is a tool that will work on just about every OBD-II compliant vehicle (there isn't much they don't have coverage for). This means that they do NOT provide you with brand/vehicle specific diagnostic trees, procedures, etc. You need to have knowledge of what data you are trying to see, what the data means when you see it, etc. The best shop manuals for these trucks have always been available from www.helminc.com. The Powertrain Control Emissions Diagnostics (PCED) book is full of excellent information that coincides with what you would use AE for.

Hopefully that helps. We keep the Total Ford Bundle in stock at all times if you need it.

Reaction score
I've been chasing some random shutoff with intermittent ses light for some time now figure it's about time I get a decent scan tool and get it figured out. Just did the cps and a few other things and I'm gettin tired of nickel and dimeing it just wanna get er right.

2001 ecsb 7.3, gtp38r, blank pedestal, ccv mod, reg. return, ad2 pump, gh tunes om a hydra, bts built 4r100,and more

Reaction score
It's a great tool for the average DIYer, which is why we worked so hard with Jay (owner of AE) years ago to make sure the Powerstroke coverage was as good as it possibly could be. Jay spent hours at my place testing numerous different trucks and comparing functions to the Ford NGS and IDS tools, and he was really good about taking input we provided from our own use of the tool, and feedback we got from customers. I don't think you will find a better consumer level diagnostic tool out there.

All that said, you do have to know what you are looking for/at. AE is a tool that will work on just about every OBD-II compliant vehicle (there isn't much they don't have coverage for). This means that they do NOT provide you with brand/vehicle specific diagnostic trees, procedures, etc. You need to have knowledge of what data you are trying to see, what the data means when you see it, etc. The best shop manuals for these trucks have always been available from www.helminc.com. The Powertrain Control Emissions Diagnostics (PCED) book is full of excellent information that coincides with what you would use AE for.

Hopefully that helps. We keep the Total Ford Bundle in stock at all times if you need it.
Very helpful thanks for your input what's yalls price on the bundle?

Zmann

Reaction score
A/E Jay is great I know at least two people that He didn't just use their trucks for testing he drove to their houses instead of asking them to come to him

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Never used AE but is about your truck issue, are you saying its stalling/ cutting out? If you have Cam sensor codes and have already changed the sensor my bet is you have a fault in the engine harness for the cam sensor. Best way I have found to track this down is to use a digital multi meter set on resistance, unplug the cam sensor connector and trace the wiring to the big connector over the left hand valve cover. Wiggle the harness and see if you can get the resistance to change. See a lot of problems near the inline connector where the wires bend down to go in the valley.

joebuck

Reaction score
One of the best purchases I've made,the first time you need it/use it it will pay for itself.

joe d

Reaction score
:whs: not to mention if you get good with it you can make a littel cash with it from time to time..

Reaction score
Gonna make the purchase asap thanks for all your input guys will most likely be posting for help using it soon as I'm not new to diesels I have always owned them but just started working on them myself as money and the buisness went south so I'm learning as I go you guys are life savers.

Reaction score
Never used AE but is about your truck issue, are you saying its stalling/ cutting out? If you have Cam sensor codes and have already changed the sensor my bet is you have a fault in the engine harness for the cam sensor. Best way I have found to track this down is to use a digital multi meter set on resistance, unplug the cam sensor connector and trace the wiring to the big connector over the left hand valve cover. Wiggle the harness and see if you can get the resistance to change. See a lot of problems near the inline connector where the wires bend down to go in the valley.
Yes the wait to start comes on while driving and dash lights up as if key was just turned on and truck shuts off. If I cycle key it starts right up and will cut off again sometimes after minutes or hours sometimes for days but now it's seeming to happen more and more. I just replaced cam sensor and it ran great all weekend then Monday began to act up again. Yesterday the water in fuel light flashed before it shut off drained the separator it was totally clean. Into a Styrofoam cup and it dident melt so no gas icp looks good.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Yes the wait to start comes on while driving and dash lights up as if key was just turned on and truck shuts off. If I cycle key it starts right up and will cut off again sometimes after minutes or hours sometimes for days but now it's seeming to happen more and more. I just replaced cam sensor and it ran great all weekend then Monday began to act up again. Yesterday the water in fuel light flashed before it shut off drained the separator it was totally clean. Into a Styrofoam cup and it dident melt so no gas icp looks good.

Usually when you have a cam sensor issue the truck will hiccup or just stall, wait to start and water in fuel light don't come on so I think your issue it elsewhere.

I see you have a hydra, it's possible this is being caused by a bad connection between the chip and the PCM. For example if you are on a tune setting 01 let's say and switch to "00" or stock, the truck will stumble and sometimes stall, will show the wait to start and water in fuel light. Does it seem like the same thing is happening? I'd check th connection, MAKE SURE THE KEY IS OFF.

Reaction score
Usually when you have a cam sensor issue the truck will hiccup or just stall, wait to start and water in fuel light don't come on so I think your issue it elsewhere.

I see you have a hydra, it's possible this is being caused by a bad connection between the chip and the PCM. For example if you are on a tune setting 01 let's say and switch to "00" or stock, the truck will stumble and sometimes stall, will show the wait to start and water in fuel light. Does it seem like the same thing is happening? I'd check th connection, MAKE SURE THE KEY IS OFF.
I tried a few things when I got home today charged battery's. Traced cps wires as far as I could checked for any damage. Checked all visible wires taped up anything exposed. Started it up within a few mins. Removed the hydra and it has not happened since. It did not happen when switching tunes and the wif light does not usually come on just the one time however wait to start light did. Something was resetting the pcm I'll get back with more info if it acts up with the chip off. If it is the chip could it be a bad chip or more likely the connections on my computer?

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan, see how it does without the chip. If it still does it, there's a possibility it could be a PCM power/ ground issue, possibly PCM power relay. Have also seen the exhaust back pressure sensor cause voltage reference problems that effect other internal vref readings causing stalling issues.

If it doesn't act up without the chip, I'd suspect it's the connection between the PCM and chip. Not sure how many actual chip problems there are but I'm sure you could have it checked out or even swapped for another one.

Reaction score
That sounds like a good plan, see how it does without the chip. If it still does it, there's a possibility it could be a PCM power/ ground issue, possibly PCM power relay. Have also seen the exhaust back pressure sensor cause voltage reference problems that effect other internal vref readings causing stalling issues.

If it doesn't act up without the chip, I'd suspect it's the connection between the PCM and chip. Not sure how many actual chip problems there are but I'm sure you could have it checked out or even swapped for another one.
The exhaust back pressure valve is ******d I have a blank pedestal with the 38r Could it still cause a problem? Gonna go back out and check a few more wires I was just told to inspect and I just changed the ipr pigtail as well cus it looked pretty rough. Gonna get on the phone with my supplier asap.

IHPowerstroke7.3

Reaction score
Exhaust back pressure sensor or EBP sensor, located near the access cover for the hpop bolt. Not to be confused with the exhaust back pressure valve or EBPV which you no longer have. The sensor is used by the PCM to measure exhaust pressure. The EBPV is used to create back pressure to help warm up the engine when cold.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.