Auto folding mirros

psd1011

Reaction score
So i took the truck to a car wash and they folded my mirrors in by hand. Now the driver side will not fold in automatic or by hand. Any advice on this would be appreciated. The mirror in questions trys to move by the switch but is being caught somehow.

Thank you

NY_Mott

Reaction score
Go back to that car wash and get them to replace it...
If they refuse, let them know you will be holding a sign explaining your experience near their location every free moment you have. It should get them to rethink not fixing the problem, I have said this to several places and it never came to me needing to stand out there and the problem was fixed.

May not be the best of advice but it has work for me. LOL

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
I've had that happen where one side or the other wouldn't work after manually folding.

I bet if you let the truck sit for a while and go back to it later, they'll both work fine. It's happened to me a couple times

psd1011

Reaction score
Ill try it later but its like in a major bind. It trys to move to move but its stuck.

May take it off to see whats up.

Thanks

Stroked777

Reaction score
When you move it by hand all it does is it pop it out of a detent, when you power fold it will move the track til it pops back in and then it should work after, I haven problems with mind time to time and usually playing with it sometimes will get it back to normal. Also upstate NY the water getting in there from the wash can be an issue if it's really cold and freezes

psd1011

Reaction score
I got it working, seemed just to be caught up within the pivot point. Took the palm of hand a gave a nice whack. It popped in a little and works fine now. I think it was just trapped at the plastic pivot point.

Thanks for the info fellas

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.