Auto PCM with no Auto...

Charles

Reaction score
Man, wouldn't it be awesome to somehow trick the instrument cluster into thinking the TFT was voltage?

If I can't get anything to do right I might cut the traces on the IC PCB and solder on some wires for actual trans temp.

If the gauge is there it will either need to sit in a happy place or preferably actually read what it says it reads.

A man dash with volts would be killer. I've never had a reason to watch trans temp. Towing at over 50lbs of boost continuously for hours I've never had trans temp come up on me on an auto. Now with a ZF6..... whoa baby can I melt those down, lol.

Charles

Reaction score
I think if more people put trans temp gauges in ZF6 trucks and went out towing hard on the interstate some shocking revelations might happen. I know I never even gave a second's thought to melting the manual.

12 to 17 gears in constant mesh apparently create enough friction that with enough sustained load on the main gearset and obviously whichever pair you're actually driving at the time those little puppies will cry foul eventually.

7.3 will honey badger a ZF6 into the ground, lol.

Swaan

Reaction score
I think if more people put trans temp gauges in ZF6 trucks and went out towing hard on the interstate some shocking revelations might happen. I know I never even gave a second's thought to melting the manual.

12 to 17 gears in constant mesh apparently create enough friction that with enough sustained load on the main gearset and obviously whichever pair you're actually driving at the time those little puppies will cry foul eventually.

7.3 will honey badger a ZF6 into the ground, lol.

I have a proper temp Guage in my zf5 . Yup cruising hours on end interstate 180 ish
Pulling hard in the mountains 220 -230 ish

Not too bad. This is in a 380 rwhp tune pulling my 10,000lb TT

Not sure why you'd have temp problems on a ZF6 . Don't they have internal pump. With the right cooler should never over heat.

All I got in my zf5 is synthetic gear oil.

I know Charles your a little bit of an exception, most guys don't tow with 50 psi boost. Nothings going to stand up to that kind of abuse short of a fuller trans out of a class 8 truck. Lmao!

Last edited: