auto to hand shaker

Reaction score
Im looking to do a auto to stick swap..i plan on towing with it.. what trans is best?? the 5 speed or the 6 speed? can a trans from an OBS work in my 99 ??
can i run my PMT1 PCM or is a PCM for the hand shaker better suited??

Reaction score
thanks Cat..I'm getting into the HP ranger where I need to step up...I also want to tow next summer.. I'm having a hard time getting the motor done...I cant even think of a BTS at this point in time.. my auto has been rebuilt a little less then 5000 miles ago with the sonnox performance trans kit and a billet triple disk TC..i just dont have faith in the auto trans yet....you think a 6 speed will do good with my 373's??

Last edited:

SDstroker

Reaction score
No matter what you do, you have to pay to play. Just a guess but if I were to go back to a auto I would do a BTS+PCS= 6k+? With your setup a dual disk would be needed. Its pretty simple. You can run your auto PCM. Here's my link. I have 373's and they are a good gear even with 35's, but I dont tow heavy. Any questions let me know.

TrailerHauler

Reaction score
Just depends on what you want. Drive a 6 speed powerstroke with a big clutch and see how you like it before you buy anything. I've been very happy with my 6 speed and dual disk clutch, it has performed like I expected it to. However, I want to go faster and that's not going to happen rowing gears. So a BTS is going in its place, and the biggest reason I got a manual trans in the first place was reliability. I'm not worried about the BTS failing me and if it did I know those guys would take good care of me.

Latest posts

Members online