auto to zf5

strokinKR

Reaction score
I imagine this has been covered. However I'm a 6.4 guy and I'm trying to help a buddy out. What is the bare minimum for him to swap in a zf5 in his 97 cclb? He has a ts6 if that matters. He can also get drive shafts made for cheap.

JSchuricht

Reaction score
Bare minimum would be to get the transmission, shifter, peddals, master/slave assembly and have the drive shafts modified. You can use the auto harness, I did on mine. There are two wires that need to be connected together for the starter and another two that go to the backup lights. The auto floor hump can be cut for the shifter and all the steering stuff is cosmetic. If it's 4x4 the linkage will need to be modified for length.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
instead of chopping and hacking wires for the starter all you have to do is plug the range sensor back in the auto harness with it in the park position also will need the manual trans cross member also tunes will need burned for the trans or it will be a super touchy throttle and coming from someone that had an auto went to 5 speed and now back to auto leave it auto going 5 speed route was the worst decision and waste of money ive ever done and im a die hard 5 speed guy and hated it

Latest posts

Members online