Auto unlock/lock disable ?

campbellflage

Reaction score
I installed the edge turbo timer a while back and its a pita not to be able to just walk away after i get out because the truck will unlock itself after the engine shuts down when the timer is complete. So I have tried the auto unlock disable where you key on unlock 3 times off lock 3 times deal a bunch of times but it doesn't do anything on my truck, Is there another way of going about disabling this on a 2000? Autoenginuity or dealer?
thanks

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
I don't believe A/E can do it. You have to either follow the code in your manual.(lock/unlock 3 times etc)

Might be able to do it with IDS if you know someone with it, otherwise I think your looking at a trip to the dealer.

campbellflage

Reaction score
Following this one

1. Insert the key and turn to 4(on) position.
2. Press the power door unlock control three times.
3. Turn the ignition from the 4(on) position to the 3(off) position
4. Press the power door unlock control three times.
5. Turn the ignition back to the 4(on) position. The horn will chirp.
6. Press the unlock control, then press the lock control. The horn will chirp once if autolock was deactivated or twice (one short and one long chirp) if auto lock was activated. NOTE: Pressing the power door UNLOCK/LOCK button again will toggle between activating and deactivating the autolock feature.
7. Turn the ignition to the 3(off) position. The horn will chirp once to confirm the procedure is complete.

Vader's Fury

Reaction score
That is what my 02 book says. I couldn't find anything in the 2000 owners manual that I have.

Also says you must complete the entire sequence in 30 seconds or less. If your doing all that, IDK what is going on.

Sure it is not a function of your alarm system?

Latest posts

Members online