Axle shaft upgrades

Erikclaw

Reaction score
oh.. ok... didnt know if you where doing the fronts.

live life full throttle

The free spin from Dynatrac comes with outers and they are stronger than stock. Basically Jared is talking about putting a D80 in the rear, he has detonated a few stock ones pulling.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
If they have dpc in Denver again the rear end should be fine as the track for he sled pull is very loose.

At any rate a Dana 80 isn't a bad idea.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
The free spin from Dynatrac comes with outers and they are stronger than stock. Basically Jared is talking about putting a D80 in the rear, he has detonated a few stock ones pulling.

cool.. so the axles that you said you where getting where for the stock rearend? and now your going to a dana 80? are you gonna upgrade the dana 80 also or just run it with stock axles?

dana 80 with 300m shafts would be good!

live life full throttle

Last edited:

CJH8907

Reaction score
op i ordered a set from them of what i thought was yukon axle shafts. They told me that the shipped directly from yukon when i got them they were stock take outs with less than 20 miles on them. No problem dealing with them just not what we both thought they were. Let me know if they actually are yukons. Thanks. I need to do something different also.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
cool.. so the axles that you said you where getting where for the stock rearend? and now your going to a dana 80? are you gonna upgrade the dana 80 also or just run it with stock axles?

dana 80 with 300m shafts would be good!

live life full throttle

No, I am just going with updated shafts in the rear. Don't want to throw 10k at a custom Dana 80 unless I have no other options.

op i ordered a set from them of what i thought was yukon axle shafts. They told me that the shipped directly from yukon when i got them they were stock take outs with less than 20 miles on them. No problem dealing with them just not what we both thought they were. Let me know if they actually are yukons. Thanks. I need to do something different also.

They better be upgraded Yukons cause that is what I am paying for and ordered. If they are stockers they will get shipped back.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
why would you have 10k into a custom dana 80?

maybe i worded my posts wrong... chromolly fronts are around 1000$ thats both inners, both outers, and both u joints... rearend is close to the same price and going to 300m is about twice... so maybe with a trutrac its around 3000$ plus buying the axle. dont think a dana 80 cost 7k.

or was the 10k comment a joke.

live life full throttle

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Well I think to get the 80 have the correct gears Ect installed with the locker I'm thinking with labor and everything it might get close. Just an assumption as I don't know if there are anything needed to convert like brakes spacers Ect. Looks to me like the 80 is a tad narrow... Anyone can confirm?

Erikclaw

Reaction score
why would you have 10k into a custom dana 80?

maybe i worded my posts wrong... chromolly fronts are around 1000$ thats both inners, both outers, and both u joints... rearend is close to the same price and going to 300m is about twice... so maybe with a trutrac its around 3000$ plus buying the axle. dont think a dana 80 cost 7k.

or was the 10k comment a joke.

live life full throttle

I am quoting what Dynatrac wants for one of their D80 rears. They also set up your mounting points for what ever kind of suspension you are running. Jarod has blown 4 or 5 center sections and is going this way to solve his issues.

I don't know about the specs either Dustin.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
This is what their Pro 80 comes with:

Complete Dynatrac Pro 80 axle assembly with 12 month limited warranty
Dynatrac Pro 80 Standard cut housing (max warranted pinion angle - 10 degrees)
35 or 37-spline, 1.5”, induction-hardened, alloy steel axle shafts
Drum or vented rear disc brake assemblies (Parking Brake Optional)
Single rear wheel or Dual rear wheel available
Standard 8 on 6.5, 8 on 170mm, 8 on 235mm wheel patterns (Other wheel patterns available)
Choice of ring and pinion ratio (3.31:1-5.38:1)
Choice of Open, Limited slip, Detroit Locker, or ARB AirLocker differential
Pinion angle and suspension mounts for stock or lifted suspension
Heavy-duty, full-floating fixed spindles
Large tapered roller hub bearings
Heavy-duty steel differential cover
1350, 1410, or 1480 yoke
Choice of Axle Width
Assembly is finely detailed with a hi-gloss black finish

Options:

ARB Air-Locker
Detroit Locker
Powr-Lok Limited Slip
Wheel Mounted ABS Sensors
Ring Gear Mounted ABS

You are pretty much getting a custom made D80.

tensixniner

Reaction score
If you have an F250 you could swap in a rear axle from a SRW F350.
Has larger diameter shafts with more splines and is rated 1000 lbs more than the F250 axle.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
If you have an F250 you could swap in a rear axle from a SRW F350.
Has larger diameter shafts with more splines and is rated 1000 lbs more than the F250 axle.

I was wondering about that, but haven't asked anyone if it was an upgrade. I would rather find a used axle and rebuild than put that money into a new one. Haven't heard back from Wayne if the axle shafts sent are replacements or Yukons.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I was wondering about that, but haven't asked anyone if it was an upgrade. I would rather find a used axle and rebuild than put that money into a new one. Haven't heard back from Wayne if the axle shafts sent are replacements or Yukons.

Yo brotha. Text me tomorrow. Got plans so we could just set you with a drop in 80 for less coin. Simple set up too

Latest posts