Axle swap

TheRock

Reaction score
Does anyone know if it's possible to install superduty front and rear axles in a obs??

Strokersace

Reaction score
Yep. My dad just swapped a set from an 01 into his 95. I think he was finishing up the front today. He had some issues with the front axle but I think got it figured out. Anyone else have any hardships installing the front SD axle in a OBS?

OBSWIZ

Reaction score
We have been doing these swaps for awhile..we have everything needed for this..PM me if I can help. If you don't have the axles yet look at '05 up..better option IMO..have all for these swaps also.

Cary

Strokersace

Reaction score
Cary, do the SD front axles (99-04) have wider spring perches than the OBS trucks? If so, how do you overcome that?

Strokersace

Reaction score
Our kit is made for either early D60's or the wider spring width of the SD's..so we can install on a OBS

So by your statement, the springs are wider on the SD axles than on the OBS, correct? And if a person is installing SD axles under an OBS without an RSK or using your kit, and using their existing OBS lifted springs, how does that person overcome the difference in spring widths?

davey99ps

Reaction score
So by your statement, the springs are wider on the SD axles than on the OBS, correct? And if a person is installing SD axles under an OBS without an RSK or using your kit, and using their existing OBS lifted springs, how does that person overcome the difference in spring widths?

Chase (notenoughsmoke) did the swap without an rsk. I believe he said the SD perches were either 1" or 1/2" wider an he just bolted it up. He's got threads on here an psn about it. It seemed to work good for him. I'm heading down to his house Thursday and I'll check it out an get back to you on that

smokedout250

Reaction score
So what about the rear end? What about drive lines? Brake lines? I can a whole set cheaper than a d60 for my obs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strokersace

Reaction score
Rear axle was a piece of cake for him. Bolted right up but had to swap out the driveshaft yoke on the pinion to match up with the OBS driveline. Brakes were easy as the axle he had already had the 1 brakeline going up to the frame so he just connected there like the factory OBS. I don't think he's got the e-brake lines hooked up yet though.

Latest posts

Members online