Axle tube diameter

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Do 99-04 and 05+ rear axle tubes have the same diameter? I need to know if 2000 shock mounts will bolt on to an 06 axle. Thanks.

I realize the locating dowels probably won't line up.

Last edited:

rpm-inc

Reaction score
Yep, single wheel. Cool, thanks. I have an 06 axle under my obs and those shock mounts don't work so good. Have a 2000 axle at a friends place so I am going to try those. I realize the indexing dowels won't line up...

skylinedan

Reaction score
You can remove the bracket in inside the main one and put it ant way you want, tighten down the u bolt. Not sure it would hold, but I would just weld mine and know its not gonna move.

rpm-inc

Reaction score
You can remove the bracket in inside the main one and put it ant way you want, tighten down the u bolt. Not sure it would hold, but I would just weld mine and know its not gonna move.

That's exactly what I did. I will weld them when I do traction bars mounts.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Does anyone know the dia. of the axle tube ? I could measure it I guess, but I thought maybe some would know off hand. I,m going to start on the traction bars here soon.

skylinedan

Reaction score
Cool, I had to pick up some more paint at Menard's and they had hole saws on sale. Picked up a 3.5 and a 1 3/4 for cutting the tube ends so I can weld them.
Dan. Oh and thanks, LOL.

Latest posts

Members online