B&W Turnover Gooseneck hitch install

RNicol

Reaction score
I'm picking up a turnover ball of an 04 for very CHEAP, and using it for my 99. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips on installation. From the video i watched, it looked pretty easy. Something was said about notching something to get the cross members under the bed, and it was kind of hard to understand...

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
You have to notch the pinch weld on the driver side to slide the cross bar through. You can bend it up and then bend it back or you can cut it.

RNicol

Reaction score
Yeah i'll make sure to do that, the bed liner might mess with it though. Is the "Pinch Weld" just that thin piece that comes down off the bed probably 3/4 of an inch ?

Buddy@MPD

Reaction score
Yeah i'll make sure to do that, the bed liner might mess with it though. Is the "Pinch Weld" just that thin piece that comes down off the bed probably 3/4 of an inch ?

Yup that's the piece. It's a pain with the bed liner to get an accurate measurement.

RNicol

Reaction score
Yup that's the piece. It's a pain with the bed liner to get an accurate measurement.

Yeah i'm sure. I might just pull it out anyway. The measurement from the back of the bed wouldn't be bad, but where you have to measure from the wheel wells wouldn't be very accurate.

PSDEng

Reaction score
The install is easy. I have one on my OBS and they're a nice piece. If you don't use it during the winter I would recommend taking the ball out of the receiver so the salt doesn't rust it in place. Or at the very least grease the crap out of it.

superdutyman97

Reaction score
We just put one in my brothers '09 about 2 months ago. Very easy install, especially considering it's the only one we've ever done. Iirc it only took us about 2 hours. Hardest part for us was getting the plate to the bottom of the bed and holding it there to get the bolts started. Not really all that hard, just a pita if you're short like me.

Latest posts

Members online