Baby Swamps Already Bad??

lucasm12798

Reaction score
Ever since my rebuild I've been hunting gremlins. All but two have been fixed, when driving if I surpass 2500 rpm the engine tends to misfire. When it does it shoots a small puff of smoke as long as I'm running something above my stock tune. At first I assumed it was cps related and replaced it with a grey Napa version. It typically stops missing for a few miles, then it comes back. I pulled codes, all but one was related to my tunes. It was the cylinder 1 contribution/balance code leading me to think my injectors may already be going out.

The second is when I let of the accelerator the the truck can't find its idle. It sound really choppy. I have a new ipr and icp. I also cleaned the ebps tube. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mikeeg02

Reaction score
Probably would be good to provide a little more background info on what has been done. Maybe you have a build thread. Additionally do you have any monitoring capabilities to watch ICP, DC, etc?

lucasm12798

Reaction score
It was a stock rebuild. I had to have a sleeve put in cylinder 1 and rebuild the turbo. Baby swamps and a ts with swamps tunes.

Reaction score
Had similar issues with the grey cps, we (friends and family) all swapped to the obs extremely dark grey w/ purple o-ring and haven't had issues since

06-6.0l, CCLB 4X4, studded, reworked heads, egr gone, cab reroute, blue spring mod, 6.4 banjos, updated dummy plugs, stand pipe, and stc fitting; New oil cooler, New ipr, New icp, atlas 40 FICM, powermax turbo, and Geerhead tunes, 325/65R18

Swaan

Reaction score
How about your wiring harness under the valve cover.
Did you replace with Dorman stuff??
Sounds electrical to me

lucasm12798

Reaction score
We reused the uvcg's. It also tends to have more severe symptoms when it rains, making me think it might be electrical. But how would that explain the contribution code?

lucasm12798

Reaction score
Not always. I've read about that though. When it rains it's more of a cutout than a misfire

Swaan

Reaction score
I would steer towards the Idm.
There not a great deal of money. Or swap with a buddy to try. They do get water in them and that's not a good thing.

boggerr

Reaction score
Kinda strange you had #1 sleeved and it's falling contribution on that cyl. I would check all wiring, get rid of that grey CPS and while you have the valve covers off swap #1 and#3 injectors to see if the problem follows that injector

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I would say you probably have some water getting to the IDM. Pull the IDM and check for water damage. As mentioned above, they are not too expensive and you can use one from any year 7.3L.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.