back pressure sensor unplugged from up pipe...

capt dong

Reaction score
will it throw a code? run bad? i want to remove the up pipe egr cross over pipe cause it is cracked. wont have time to do exhaust manifolds and up pipes for a while.

switchmode

Reaction score
Drill and tap the blocker plate from the egr crossover pipe to accept the EBP Sensor and install it on the egr provision on the passenger side up pipe. If you bend the EBP tube heat the tube before bending it or it will become briddle and crack. With the sensor unplugged the truck will throw a code but the vgt will still cycle however it will behave a tiny bit laggy as the computer will not let the vanes close any more than 85% duty cycle from what I remember. My EBP tube cracked on vacation towing through the Canadian Rockies and I had to pinch off the tube with linesman pliers and unplug the sensor. I towed my rv 180mi till I could get to the next dealership and get a new tube. Once I got moving not having the sensor was a non issue the truck functioned fine but I would not use this as any longer than I did. Emergencies only.

Last edited:

CT9AIX

Reaction score
Just cut out the egr catalyst pipe with a sawzall and drill tap the blocker plate and install on pass side up pipe. Only an hour or so and you'll be up and running again with the sensor working up top

bft blue oval boys

Reaction score
I have mine off and a block off plate on it at the egr provision. Taped my plate and screwed the sensor right in to the plate. I'm not even using the tube.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.