Back to the drawing board...

Big Calo

Reaction score
Since USPS was kind enough to destroy my recently purchased PTE76, I'm now back to the drawing board for a turbo/turbos for my street truck. I also purchased a T4 mount kit with waste gate, built by Irate. The thing is, if I go back with a single as originally planned it will be a ball bearing, but for close to the same price I could go with JB compounds. The single would be a blast to drive, but would limit the truck to basically just street, where as compounds would still provide the same peak power, but be much smoother getting there, and wouldn't limit the truck to just street use. The truck wouldn't be used for heavy tow either way, but ocasionally may need to be used for 8-12k, but rarely.

Some thoughts on sizing: Single - GTXR series - 4294, 4202, or even back to the PTE76

Compounds - 64-66mm for HP, 80-90mm for atmosphere?

As far as turbine housings for compounds, maybe my thinking is right. Tight housing for HP gated to atmospehere, where a medium sized housing would be used?

Truck - 96 RCLB, injector plans are 300/200 or 400/200 to be bumped to 400/400 after tuned in.

Big Calo

Reaction score
Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online