Bad accelerator pedal p2139 p2140

chappy

Reaction score
Well my truck started not running right on and off many times to and from work. It will not down shift and just smoke like a train with no power and sometimes it will come out of it.It likes to do it also when taking off but most noticeable when it should downshift when passing or something. I decided to check for codes and came up with the p2139 and p2140. Looks like those are both a low voltage circuit code for 2 of the circuits off the pedal. Well I looked up an accelerator pedal and was pleased to see they are onle $47 bucks for the whole assembly. I thought great and then realized I have the adjustable pedals. Price jumps to over $500 for that. Well damn so looks like I'm going to lose that option because I sure the hell am not paying that much for one. So does anyone know if I can go to a non adjustable pedal? I'm hoping the plug is the same for them . I can't seem to find any info on it. I'm hoping like hell that this fixs the problem. It makes sense as to my problems since that controls so many things. I had to replace the brake sensor last year for $10 bucks because half the time you couldn't get it out of park. Seems the sensors under the dash were friday sensors or maybe they got wet at some time.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well my truck started not running right on and off many times to and from work. It will not down shift and just smoke like a train with no power and sometimes it will come out of it.It likes to do it also when taking off but most noticeable when it should downshift when passing or something. I decided to check for codes and came up with the p2139 and p2140. Looks like those are both a low voltage circuit code for 2 of the circuits off the pedal. Well I looked up an accelerator pedal and was pleased to see they are onle $47 bucks for the whole assembly. I thought great and then realized I have the adjustable pedals. Price jumps to over $500 for that. Well damn so looks like I'm going to lose that option because I sure the hell am not paying that much for one. So does anyone know if I can go to a non adjustable pedal? I'm hoping the plug is the same for them . I can't seem to find any info on it. I'm hoping like hell that this fixs the problem. It makes sense as to my problems since that controls so many things. I had to replace the brake sensor last year for $10 bucks because half the time you couldn't get it out of park. Seems the sensors under the dash were friday sensors or maybe they got wet at some time.

same plug and mounting holes. ive swapped to non adjustable pedals many times... plug it in,bolt it up and go.

chappy

Reaction score
Awesome ford wants $730 for one . There is no way I need to adjust the pedal that bad.A $47 dollar non adjustable Dorman sounds a lot better. Thanks guys A

chappy

Reaction score
Well I got the new stationary pedal in and it doesn't work. Any ideas or something special I have to do? It does nothing but when I shut the truck off and restart a couple times it will work for a couple pushs and then it goes dead.

chappy

Reaction score
Just thought I would share I got a new stationary pedal from advanced auto and it works great. Kyle suggested the dorman was junk right out of the box and he was correct. Another wierd thing is the dorman has one less pin then the ford one does. Don't know why but stay away from the dorman. I replaced it with a bwd brand which appears to be a ford product. Don't know if they make them for ford or what but at less then half the price but still oem it works out great for me.

kyle43335

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Just thought I would share I got a new stationary pedal from advanced auto and it works great. Kyle suggested the dorman was junk right out of the box and he was correct. Another wierd thing is the dorman has one less pin then the ford one does. Don't know why but stay away from the dorman. I replaced it with a bwd brand which appears to be a ford product. Don't know if they make them for ford or what but at less then half the price but still oem it works out great for me.

good deal man,glad it worked out for you.

Latest posts

Members online