Bad Dragon Fire...can/should I find another?

Midweststroker

Reaction score
My Dragon Fire had 2000 miles on it when the local gas station surprised me with a huge slug of water during a fill-up. Now I find it necessary to drop my tank, flush my lines, check my AirDog, replace my injectors, AND replace my hpfp (or in my case have Midwest Diesel in Athens, IL do the work).

So here's my questions: 1) Running 30% nozzles, Gear Head Race/Street tunes, Tow Power Plus setup, ported rails, cam, and so on... Can a new stock hpfp satisfy my needs or do I need more fuel? 2) Should I stay with a Dragon Fire and try to find one out there somewhere? 3) Will they live under normal conditions? 4) If so...does anyone have a new one on a shelf for sale?

PS: I would consider dual fuelers, but workstock rules prohibit it.

Your input would be greatly appreciated!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
a stock pump wont maintain that nozzle

You might want to find another dragonfire but they arent all that reliable to begin with

Sucks there really arent any better options out there

MINK

Reaction score
Toss up either way imo, what kind of rail did it hold with the dragonfire? Hows the truck run anyways with that setup?

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Ive got 4 Dragonfires left Ron, let me know if you guys need one. You will not find any other set up that we can run in work stock, im going to buy another dragonfire just becuase

Wayne

Reaction score
With the luck we've had with the dragonfire pumps, it might as well say this:

Ive got 4 potential injection system bombs left Ron, let me know if you guys need one. You will not find any other set up that we can run in work stock, im going to buy another dragonfire just becuase

Not trying to pick on you guys Jared, but there's a reason Industrial quit making them. We won't install them anymore, even if a customer offered to sign a waiver not holding us accountable for the potential fallout.

Sure, you can continue to qualify for work stock, and the pump MIGHT work well for a long time, but that's a very expensive risk. If this is a dedicated puller, and you want to stay in that class, then, as Jared said, you have no other choice, and extremely limited availability. If it's a daily driver you need to keep reliable, then you back the power down, and go with a single stock pump. Otherwise, to keep the power, and have more future capability with a twin K16 setup

Wayne

Reaction score
To midweststroker:
If you do go with another industrial pump, I would encourage you to find a reputable pump shop to go through it, and verify everything is clean, and properly assembled. I could be wrong, but most that have failed, did so early on because of junk/contamination inside. It would be the best insurance possible for the pump to live

Midweststroker

Reaction score
Who would you consider to be a reputable pump shop that I could contact?

My mechanic took mine apart, and from what he could see, the modifications are pretty straightforward. His thoughts are the same as yours, just have to make sure the machine work done and the reassembly are done correctly so it has a chance to live.

Wayne

Reaction score
I don't really have one in mind. Try Google. If you know of a company that works with cp3's that you trust, I suggest you start there.

Last edited:

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
I would suggest using Diesel Motorsports. We use them for our dodge CP3 stuff and although they are a tiny little shop with only a couple employees.... Quality is top notch. We have a stroker CP3 ready to install on a 5.9 on Wednesday.

Give them a call and leave a message, great guys to work with and about as high quality as you will find.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I would suggest using Diesel Motorsports. We use them for our dodge CP3 stuff and although they are a tiny little shop with only a couple employees.... Quality is top notch. We have a stroker CP3 ready to install on a 5.9 on Wednesday.

Give them a call and leave a message, great guys to work with and about as high quality as you will find.

Are you referring to Shane @ Motorsport diesel? He won't touch k16s to my understanding..

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Superior Turbo and Injection in Detroit has always done excellent work for me.

Call and ask for Larry he will hook you up.

Tell him the hillbilly sent you.

3brorce

Reaction score
Shane at Motorsport Diesel aka Wicked Diesel is who he is referring too yup

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.