Bad injectors?

bigwheel

Reaction score
I was in the process of putting my truck back to stock. Removed my stage 2's and replaced with a set of used ford remans. I can get it running in the morning when it about 50 but it stumbles and real loud. If I take the truck out for a drive before it gets up to temp, there is low power and shacks, almost feels like it missing. Once at temp it starts running way better or like it should almost feels like a switch got fliped to run better. There is a slight extended start time even when warm but it will start and run great.

Some things I have checked. No oil in fuel bowl. Changed out ICP with a good working one and no change. No smoke at start or running. I did take the truck to a diesel shop and he said injector #3 was out so replaced that one but truck still does the same thing.

So could it be another bad injector or 2? or IRP?

Thanks for any help

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I was in the process of putting my truck back to stock. Removed my stage 2's and replaced with a set of used ford remans. I can get it running in the morning when it about 50 but it stumbles and real loud. If I take the truck out for a drive before it gets up to temp, there is low power and shacks, almost feels like it missing. Once at temp it starts running way better or like it should almost feels like a switch got fliped to run better. There is a slight extended start time even when warm but it will start and run great.

Some things I have checked. No oil in fuel bowl. Changed out ICP with a good working one and no change. No smoke at start or running. I did take the truck to a diesel shop and he said injector #3 was out so replaced that one but truck still does the same thing.

So could it be another bad injector or 2? or IRP?

Thanks for any help

Mine was the same, it would start ok if it was warm, but not under 40* and pour black smoke while cranking. I would get it running and it would be very choppy for about 10 min or so, once up to operating temp something would flip the " power switch" and just like that running fine. It only got worse to the point if it was 60* it wouldn't start not plugged in. Had 3 bad injectors including one that had a plunger or piston hung up in it. I can't remever exactly what it was but it WAS injectors

sent while looking at a hole in my block

kampy

Reaction score
I think Joe's point is he needs to pull the chip as well, stage 2 programming with stock injectors might be a little short on pulse width to run correctly.

ghohouston

Reaction score
My truck did the same about a week after going back to stock, one injector ended up going bad on me. I couldnt even do 50 mph, it was louder than hell, and no power. Changed injector, all was well. It was the first time I had seen 1 injector rob so much power from a truck

bigwheel

Reaction score
So I did laser thermometer test early today while the truck was cold. On the drivers side #2 was 70 and the rest were around 160. The pass side all were close to 160 but #7 was 120. So I belive #2 is forsure dead but what about #7?

Is the only option replacing them or is there something else to try?

Thanks

Last edited:

littleredstroker

Reaction score
So I did laser thermometer test early today while the truck was cold. On the drivers side #2 was 70 and the rest were around 160. The pass side all were close to 160 but #7 was 120. So I belive #2 is forsure dead but what about #7?

Is the only option replacing them or is there something else to try?

Thanks

You could get then rebuilt. I was given A bottle of rev x to try , and it did nothing for me...

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I had 165k on mine. I did them all and went with full force from beans , best price that I found. If you are broke as heck. You could probably get just the two, but keep in mind if two went out more than likely the rest won't b far behind. If you can afford it do em all.

bigwheel

Reaction score
I just ordered a oil and fuel cleaning kit of REV-X from Paul at Complete Performance. I will see if this helps clean and lube these injectors.

bigwheel

Reaction score
Well been running the Rev-x for a few days and it helped quite the truck down a little but no help with keeping these 2 injectors free. Hopefully these 2 new injectors will help.

Latest posts

Members online