bad lope on start up

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Ok tonight I finally swapped an auto back from the 5 speed everything goes smooth get both trucks buttoned up I swapped with a friend. Go to leave and the truck has a terrible lope on start up does it hot or cold everytime funny thing is my buddies truck did the same thing with the auto. It doesn't with the 5 speed mine has never did it before all that was swapped were trans and shafts. The only electrical component I swapped was the range sensor on the side of the auto. I kept my pcm it was an auto pcm and used the same harness as I never changed to the 5 speed harness. Any ideas on what could cause this also no codes no cel. I will have a video up shortly.

Reaction score
If it does not do the romp when starting in neutral, I would think it is the range sensor. Have you tried adjusting it? Cheers!

jne101407

Reaction score
My old 96 would do that. Wouldn't in neutral. Ended up being a ground issue with the trans.

oneton

Reaction score
my 96 has been doing that for a couple of years.

do you have a chip in your truck?

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
The 5 speed needs a 5 speed PCM , the auto needs an auto PCM ..

Really didn't even know if you wouldve read my original post it says that I have my original auto pcm because a 5 speed does not have to have a 5 speed pcm and harness you lose cruise and reverse lights keeping the auto stuff with the 5 speed

ActionRick

Reaction score
Really didn't even know if you wouldve read my original post it says that I have my original auto pcm because a 5 speed does not have to have a 5 speed pcm and harness you lose cruise and reverse lights keeping the auto stuff with the 5 speed

I read your original post ass hat .Your posts are as clear as mud ..Spelling & punctuation help get your point across ...

If you have an auto PCM with an auto trans , the range sensor is the issue . Out of adjustment or bad ...If you have a 5 speed with an auto PCM it is searching for the range sensor

Latest posts

Members online