Bad mileage and DEF use

Reaction score
I am in route driving from ft Lauderdale to Boston right now. I drove 760 miles yesterday and I am only getting 9.3 mpg. I am pulling a enclosed v nose all aluminum trailer that is not very loaded and i can't imagine it weight more than 5k right now.

I also am using a ton of def. truck has 9000 miles right now and I already have had to buy ten gallons of def fluid.

Anyone think something is wrong? I have not noticed the cleaning exhaust message pop up at all during those 760 miles yesterday. Wondering if dpf might have a bad sensor or is getting plugged.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
I am in route driving from ft Lauderdale to Boston right now. I drove 760 miles yesterday and I am only getting 9.3 mpg. I am pulling a enclosed v nose all aluminum trailer that is not very loaded and i can't imagine it weight more than 5k right now.

I also am using a ton of def. truck has 9000 miles right now and I already have had to buy ten gallons of def fluid.

Anyone think something is wrong? I have not noticed the cleaning exhaust message pop up at all during those 760 miles yesterday. Wondering if dpf might have a bad sensor or is getting plugged.

Doesnt sound right to me Josh. My first 2011 had excessive use and I offloaded that thing faster than you could blink. I'd check the sensors or have you considered deleting?

quicksilver11

Reaction score
10,500 miles on my truck and I've gone through one oil and oil filter change and ~8.5 gallons of def. All unloaded miles and mainly highway.

Latest posts

Members online