Bad (new) icp

79jasper

Reaction score
1994 F350.
Just replaced the ICP and CPS Sunday.
CPS was ford from riffraff.
ICP came from diesel care on eBay.

Truck seemed to be running better until today.

This morning it started great. Normally lopes at that temp with no block heater. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy_bkZyDHGg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Then things got a little crazy. Started doing this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3H_OsRmJT5g&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Throttle was real touchy also.
Died three times just sitting there.
So then I decided to make sure none of my uvch plugs came out, all good.
Restarted and it still idled like that for a few seconds, then it went away.

Drove to work (half mile) and parked. Ran fine.

Come back 9 hours later, it did not want to start. Smoked like crazy, took probably 5 or 6 long crank cycles. Let glowplugs run past the wts each time. Finally sputtered to life.

Drove 25-30 miles to go eat dinner, ran fine.
Halfway home I accidentally spun my tires from a stop sign, then it sorta hesitates and jerks around. Put fuel in on the way home.
Still felt touchy and jerky the whole way home, but was dependent of engine load/throttle position.

Get home and pull the ICP plug, and what do you know, plug/sensor are both full of oil.
Checked it with the engine running, did hear a change in idle when I unplugged it.

Come back out about 2.5 hours later, drive about 18 miles round Trip, ran fine the whole way.

Wth is going in here.
I'm guessing the sensor must have been inferior quality.

Sure wish I had AE to be able to see what was going on.

I bought the ICP on Nov 6th, but didn't put it on til now. And I bet they won't refund/exchange it.

Sent from my USCC-C6721 using Tapatalk

Tom S

Reaction score
When I looked at their store I see a standard motor products ICP sensor. I would only go motorcraft for that part myself.

79jasper

Reaction score
Doh.

I had searched around trying to see if anyone knew which was better, but couldn't find anything.

I know I can't return it, but maybe at least exchange it.

Peroni

Reaction score
ICP came from diesel care on eBay.
I don't think you could of purchased from a more rotten vendor. Google them then avoid like the plague.

I bought the ICP on Nov 6th, but didn't put it on til now. And I bet they won't refund/exchange it.
I bet you are right but buying thru Ebay may save you. File a claim against them for defective product or product not a advertised. I did this when Diesel Care sent me a broken valve cover gasket. They refused to answer call or emails but Ebay refunded me 100% of my costs including shipping.

As Tom said only buy a genuine IH/Ford sensor. If buying on Ebay make sure the sensor comes in a sealed factory package. FWIW I got two IH icp sensors sealed in factory bags $65ea. They had the IH part number printed on the hex. I've seen sellers show the real deal in their photos but they send you an aftermarket sensor. Buyer beware!

79jasper

Reaction score
Well if anyone has any advice on filing a claim, I could use it.

This morning I started it to let it warm up. Unplugged the icp to get rid of the bs it was doing. No Change in idle this time.
Come back out 20 minutes later and fund this.
4aqezahu.jpg

It didn't seem to be leaking anywhere I could see. So I went on to do some shopping.
It's been raining, and I could see the oil film on top of the water in parking lots. Could literally follow the trail, if I caught it before it washed away.

Bought one of them inspection mirrors and Stopped in a car wash to block the rain on the way home.
I was thinking EBPV actuator, turbo pedestal, or possibly hpop leaking.
But I found this,
a5ezyseg.jpg

apejamyd.jpg

Seems as the sensor is blowing all that oil.
Does the HPOP has a weep hole that can be checked?

By looking at the first pic, seems as it could be coming from the ICP sensor. Part running down the front of the block, the rest going out the valley drain.

79jasper

Reaction score
Guess I'll just have to swap it tomorrow and watch the leak go away.

Was too dark and rainy when I got home.
No shop/garage to work in.

Latest posts

Members online