Bad Turbo ?

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Have codes p2263 and p2563 and called a shop today to get some input and schedule an appointment. They said by the sound of it and with the codes it could need new turbos. What do you guys think?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Could be the back pressure sensor our stuck vanes in the turbo. Could also be s boost leak.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Actually after looking i'm almost going to bet that the vanes are stuck in the vgt housing. There is a chance the actuator failed. Easy way to check is to move the lever on the turbo by hand it should move easily and return to the full open position on its own.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
It moved on key on and not running. Just this being my first diesel, the vgt is the first turbo right or is it the actuator? I've seen vgt actuator and turbo actuator ...any difference?
Thanks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Same thing. Do you have a tuner it anything to monitor stuff with?

With the key off move that actuator by hand and see how it feels.

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Yes it's on the spartan 275. Now moving the actuator, just push the bar and it should come back or has to be pulled back? Thanks

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Yes it's on the spartan 275. Now moving the actuator, just push the bar and it should come back or has to be pulled back? Thanks

I think it has to be pulled to the front if the truck if my memory is correct. Either way with the key off it should move super easy

Also watch vgt duty cycle key on engine running it should be 95% when cruising it should vary but stay around 50%

Also look at exhaust back pressure key on engine off should be 14.7 if your at sea level lower if your higher. Cruising back pressure should be about 15 psi higher than boost

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Alright I moved the bar, it didn't move super easy. And on its way back to the original position it sounded like a wind up toy

Dzchey21

Reaction score
That's working correctly. judging by your other thread you have a leaking uppipe

Jlyl248

Reaction score
Alright thanks, Yeah I can smell exhaust sometimes with the windows down from the front. Would they effect boost?

Latest posts

Members online