Ball Joints

Kae006

Reaction score
What is everyone using these days now that Moog's quality has supposedly going downhill? Deeza, raybestos pro, ac delco?

co04cobra

Reaction score
I like motorcrafts greaseable units. Started using a lot of them
After moog went downhill.

Kae006

Reaction score
Everyone credits Moog's decline to them outsourcing to China. I pulled some Moog BJ's for an F250 and noticed they were still labeled as Made in USA, apparently some of their manufacturing is still here. Any opinions on how their current USA parts hold up compared to their glory days?

Matt_P

Reaction score
I just had to replace my ball joints again last week, the moogs only lasted 30k miles. I put spicers in this time

co04cobra

Reaction score
We use to put in a ton of spicers until the supplier we used stopped being able to get them. Even 10yrs ago the spicers quality seemed better then moogs.

Probably put in 20 sets of the MCs in the last year. Been very happy with them but none yet with a ton of miles.

CurtisF

Reaction score
Spicer or XRF's for direct replacements. They'll last a long time.

Went through several sets of Moog's before I figured that out.

scagle1

Reaction score
Ive got a full set of XRF sitting in the garage i ordered after doing quite a few days reading on what brand to go with. Can not beat the price ! They seem to have a pretty good reputation and although it doesn't help with labor and down time again , they do carry a " million mile " warranty. Gonna redo all the bushings , rotors , brakes and everything at the same time , so still sourcing a few pieces before tear down..

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
Reaction score
Whats the part #'s on these XRF's? And where to buy?

scagle1

Reaction score
thetireclub dot com
This XRF Million Mile Warranty kit includes 2 Upper Ball Joints (K8607T), and 2 Lower Ball Joints (K80026)

Latest posts

Members online