Ballpark estimate on mild motor build.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a bottom end knock in his 02 pmr truck. He is wanting to do cyrod forged rods, cyrod block, main studs and girdle, balanced and blueprinted, port and polish on the heads and reassembly. Pm me with some figures or phone numbers and names of people to call at your place of business. East coast shops would probably be cheaper on shipping. Thanks.

co04cobra

Reaction score
Anybody particular I should talk to at either place? Both of them do their own cyro work also correct? Thanks.

02BigD

Reaction score
Buddy of mine has a bottom end knock in his 02 pmr truck. He is wanting to do cyrod forged rods, cyrod block, main studs and girdle, balanced and blueprinted, port and polish on the heads and reassembly. Pm me with some figures or phone numbers and names of people to call at your place of business. East coast shops would probably be cheaper on shipping. Thanks.

I've got 12,000 miles on my motor from Carson Stauffer and all is well. He's up in PA about 1 hour North of Harrisburgh.

If your friend is going to cryo everything, why skimp on the rods? That's a lot of money in block and machine work, to trust a build to forge rods IMO.

swamp_ratt

Reaction score
Better yet, what is his definition of mild? 450 to 500? Slap in some mahles on cryoed forged rods on stock crank (machined of course) machine the block (dont bother cryoing), girdle (not necessary) some injectors (238/100s or 160/100s do fine), 38r with superduty manifolds, up pipes, pedistal and either a e99 spyder or a 3 inch spyder, swamps idm and some good live tuning. And of course a trans (bts for auto, or a south bend or valair clutch)

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
Anybody particular I should talk to at either place? Both of them do their own cyro work also correct? Thanks.

Jacob at wide open and buddy or chad at Empire. I believe empire has somebody that does their cryo work for them. Wide open's cryo is all done in house

Latest posts

Members online