banks 6 gun

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
07powerstroke. When are you going to reflash the truck and get some tunes?

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
We're 4 pages in and most of still don't understand why you don't like your race tune, so I can see why Innovative may have had trouble getting it right for you.

First of all, their race tunes are meant to have the converter locked in 2-5th, so when you're driving through the mountains and it keeps locking up and lugging, the tune is doing what it's supposed to do, try extreme street without the lockup, you'd probably like that better. A nice mild street tune would probably be best from what I'm gathering.

Also, the truck taking off like a rocket when it's cold, mine does this too, but it also does it for all of the hot tunes I have from every vendor, just part of the game man. Winter time I always throw on a street tune and run that to avoid that. Once warmed up it will go away, but it is what it is.

Custom is just that... custom. If you don't like something you let them know and they will change it to what you want. Obviously if you're having major issues with a tune, maybe it's just not the right tune for you, so get rid of the race tune and try a street tune. A canned SCT tune really isn't much better than any other "programmer" out there... custom is where it's at brotha!

07 powerstroke, there is also a dyno day aug 13th in lake placid if you're interested. PM me.

This is what i dont like about the tune. On a cold start it takes off like a rocket its so bad u cant control the speed it just wants to go. It flares the 3-5 shift the first time through the gears. I think the converter lock up"timing" is off it bucks and jerks the **** out of my truck with anything over 1/2 throttle and is way worse when i roll into the throttle. It also doesnt shift into the top gear until 65mph the first time threw the gears no matter what i do. But once it is in the top gear it just locks and lugs, ill hit the brake to unlock the converter and try to get it to down shift and it goes right back into OD no matter what i did and this is at like 45mph and trying to drive in the mountains. Every one that rides in my truck laughs and thinks it is a huge peice of chit... I understand it is a RACE tune but this tune sucks and the other tune isnt any better.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
07powerstroke. When are you going to reflash the truck and get some tunes?

My local dealers one and only diesel mach is swamped for the next couple weeks. And the dealership is around 80miles away. I live on my job which i only get everyother weekend out so im not really sure when ill be able too.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
Maybe he should think about the fact that he hates ALL his tunes and maybe its not the tunes or the truck, but the driver that is the problem. Let him run the "canned" tunes and watch the guys runnin' custom tunes run off and leave him.

I would rather have a little less power and have smooth shifting and not sacrifice any driveability or comfort Imho. and have someone run off and leave me with there xrace doesnt matter to me... Like i said i didnt know is wasnt a good idea to dd a race tune i am learning about diesel and how they work thats why i am on these forums. I guess i need to get a street tune.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
My Looney Wild DD will annihilate the canned tunes and shifts like a dream. Not to hard but firmer and quicker than stock. I also live in North GA and drive in the mountains all the time. Your tune is doing exactly what a race tune is supposed too. You want a tune that shifts firmer and quicker than stock without the total lock up in 5&6. You also have to allow the 5R110 to relearn the tune.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
When i put a new tune in i drive it real easy and slowly accelerate harder everytime for around the first 80miles Is that long enof for the tranny to learn?

SIX_OHH

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Around 100-150 is when i considered my tranny learned LOL

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
OK, tonight I went out and run some tests. I programmed the "canned" performance tune into my truck and ran a 0-60.....5.7. Then I programmed in my Innovative street tune (not the Xstreet, just the regular street that you can still tow light with) and put down 5.7. Now I already know that my best 0-60 with the Looney is 5 flat and the Looney Wild will get there in about 4.5. All shift great and these tunes were built specifically for my truck with its specific mods. But you stick with that "canned" tune.

07_powerstroke

Reaction score
I finally got ahold of eric through an email he responed fast and he is going to tweak it more. I guess u just cant get ahold of him on the phone...

Arctic Fox

Reaction score
This is what i dont like about the tune. On a cold start it takes off like a rocket its so bad u cant control the speed it just wants to go. It flares the 3-5 shift the first time through the gears. I think the converter lock up"timing" is off it bucks and jerks the **** out of my truck with anything over 1/2 throttle and is way worse when i roll into the throttle. It also doesnt shift into the top gear until 65mph the first time threw the gears no matter what i do. But once it is in the top gear it just locks and lugs, ill hit the brake to unlock the converter and try to get it to down shift and it goes right back into OD no matter what i did and this is at like 45mph and trying to drive in the mountains. Every one that rides in my truck laughs and thinks it is a huge peice of chit... I understand it is a RACE tune but this tune sucks and the other tune isnt any better.

Maybe a stupid question.... but do you have the revs/mile set correctly for your tire size?
It made a huge difference in how my tranny shifted (I'm running with Eric's tunes)

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Should've asked him to send you a street tune. BTW, did you mention to him that you've been on PSA saying that his tune sucked? I'm sure he would love to hear that.

Mwilbur516

Reaction score
Yes and my how the tables have turned. I'll excuse myself from this thread.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.