Barder stage 2 who's all running it?

sasquatch24

Reaction score
just looking for some feedback. would it be a good choice for a daily driver/tow rig? how is the spool, comparable to a powermax? stock fuel or aftermarket? if aftermarket what size injector and nozzles? who's tuning are you running?

If i hear good things, I'm going to order me one after the first of the year. built from a new powermax. Then maybe by summer time i can through some 175/75% into the mix. If that would be a good combo.

mcdaniel1991

Reaction score
I would also like to know. I called about the stage 2 a few weeks ago and he told me it ran well on the stock sticks and best on 175's.

HobbyStock62

Reaction score
Very good turbo. I love mine. Running stock fuel for now, plan to do 175/75s in the summer aswell. Gearhead srl+ tune really bought it to life. Pulls 12k better than my stock and less boost when under load going up a hill.

peixinho

Reaction score
How heavy do you tow?

It is my opinion that 175/30 makes it much easier to tow with... I know this is a turbo thread but just food for thought

sasquatch24

Reaction score
How heavy do you tow?

It is my opinion that 175/30 makes it much easier to tow with... I know this is a turbo thread but just food for thought

im glad you brought it up. the most i would pull is a 30' gooseneck with another truck on it. I don't pull that much often. just a few times a year when sled pulling starts around here. 190/30% be a better idea?

ODAWG714

Reaction score
There's several guys I know that are running it with stock injectors and 175/30 and love it and tow 8-14k.. I ran the 2.5 which is the same compressor wheel but a larger turbine and spool up was finaminal. You'll love it

1fastTRX

Reaction score
I've got the stage 2 with stock injectors. I love it! I borrowed a billet wheeled powermax while Barder worked his magic. Spool is on par. I towed about 10k lbs with it, but only at 55mph; because of my 35s and stock gears I wasn't in OD. It did great for me. I have a write up here somewhere on it. Daily driver mannerisms are great. I DD with Gearheads SRLXX.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sasquatch24

Reaction score
There's several guys I know that are running it with stock injectors and 175/30 and love it and tow 8-14k.. I ran the 2.5 which is the same compressor wheel but a larger turbine and spool up was finaminal. You'll love it

why did you decide to run the 2.5 instead of just the 2? Are there more benifits to running the 2.5 then the 2?

I've got the stage 2 with stock injectors. I love it! I borrowed a billet wheeled powermax while Barder worked his magic. Spool is on par. I towed about 10k lbs with it, but only at 55mph; because of my 35s and stock gears I wasn't in OD. It did great for me. I have a write up here somewhere on it. Daily driver mannerisms are great. I DD with Gearheads SRLXX.

this is what i like to hear. my truck also has 35's so i know what you mean about the towing in OD. when you got the turbo, did you get matt to rewrite your tunes for that turbo? I'm running eric's extreme street right now and I'm just wondering if i can keep my tunes now or if i need to get ones pacifically for that turbo.

1fastTRX

Reaction score
why did you decide to run the 2.5 instead of just the 2? Are there more benifits to running the 2.5 then the 2?

this is what i like to hear. my truck also has 35's so i know what you mean about the towing in OD. when you got the turbo, did you get matt to rewrite your tunes for that turbo? I'm running eric's extreme street right now and I'm just wondering if i can keep my tunes now or if i need to get ones pacifically for that turbo.

I couldn't spool the stock turbo at 55mph in OD... lol. Powermax tuning should work well since the turbine is basically the same. My first tune from matt was for this turbo. I also got all new tunes from IDP, but I had those way before the stage 2 from when I was running an mtw. IDP has the shif point into OD perfect at 65mph. Its hard to get under the turbo because it downshifts right away. My Gearhead tune shifts a little early (55mph), but I haven't bothered to ask for a rewrite because I'm getting it regeared.

sasquatch24

Reaction score
I couldn't spool the stock turbo at 55mph in OD... lol. Powermax tuning should work well since the turbine is basically the same. My first tune from matt was for this turbo. I also got all new tunes from IDP, but I had those way before the stage 2 from when I was running an mtw. IDP has the shif point into OD perfect at 65mph. Its hard to get under the turbo because it downshifts right away. My Gearhead tune shifts a little early (55mph), but I haven't bothered to ask for a rewrite because I'm getting it regeared.

glad to hear someone doing some decent towing with this turbo. sorry for the confusion lol.

ODAWG714

Reaction score

I have 175/75 injectors so I went the bigger route and purchased the stage 3 which has the larger turbine and as a back up charger I had Barder build the stage2.5, I tried them both out and loved them both. I drove 1fasts truck aka Logan and it's on point and hauls a$$. I can guarantee you will love it

borsky

Reaction score
I have one with 155 stocks and its awesome, it spools way better then my pmax with the batmo, and zero surge. Havent towed yet, I will soon though, the only tune Ive had written for it is the idp x street and I am very happy, he has the shifting on the nadp trans perfect, so im sticking with him. the turbo with his tuning makes exactly 30psi under wot and runs very good ratios, my cruising egts are down and wot egt's are down as well,

sasquatch24

Reaction score
barderstage2_zpsabe8c66a.jpg
[/URL]

check out what i got for christmas

swinky

Reaction score
Sooo....what SHOULD a truck make for power with this turbo and 175s?

I'd say anywhere between 320 and 658.

Seriously the dyno numbers on the 6liters have been all over the place lately lol but I'd bet that combo would be good for 550ish. I'd be confident his stage 2 with 175/75s, good tuning and all the supporting mods would be a great combo for a high 12sec dd.

Sent from my SM-T210R using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online