batmo with diverter valve

strokin6L

Reaction score
Craig how's this truck running with the new tunes? I also have a set of 190's and was wondering how this bullseye 66mm runs with the 190's and new tunes?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
sorry guys we had a bad diverter valve assembly from bd and the flap inside was stuck shut we are putting the truck back together now with the valve and well see how it does

strokin6L

Reaction score
do you mean the flap that is actually inside that opens when boost reaches 6-8psi to increase the flow? Wonder what would make that happen

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
Had to take the turbo off the truck because the hpop blew apart and found that when we took it apart

strokin6L

Reaction score
but without it running, how did you know it wasn't opening up at 6-8psi of boost? because it should stay closed and shouldn't open until it reaches a certain point right?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score
it was running for a 100 miles
the valve was jammed shut inside of the adapter piece and was stuck closed

strokin6L

Reaction score
Craig...has BD mentioned them having issues with the flap staying closed and not opening when reaching the preset boost?

Extended Power

Reaction score
I tested the hell out of mine on the bench before putting it on. I even had it ceramic coated inside and out on the adaptor...mine still worked.
You gotta have gauges to watch what is going on...
If all I had was a final boost pressure gauge...i would think everything was wonderful too lol.

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
and over the coarse of 100 miles you didnt notice anything wrong?

Garrett

:stupid:

Usually one would test something like that before installing it on the turbo....especially when it has been said many times that when installing a BD diverter valve on a larger non-vgt turbo you should install a stiffer spring because the stock one usually opens way too early.

strokin6L

Reaction score

Usually one would test something like that before installing it on the turbo....especially when it has been said many times that when installing a BD diverter valve on a larger non-vgt turbo you should install a stiffer spring because the stock one usually opens way too early.

does BD offer stiffer springs, or does someone have to go shopping around for a certain spring?

Canadianredneck

Reaction score
Not sure if BD offers springs but we have just been putting primary springs in ours form polaris atv's that we have kicking around in our garages

strokin6L

Reaction score
good to know Tyler...thanks bud! Hope to have one of those diverter valve assemblies on my truck sometime. Do you think the spring that comes in it will be too weak for the 64mm turbo i'm running?

Craig@MFI

Reaction score

The valve opened fine before we installed it....it froze up at about 40 miles after install
Got the new piece in a truck running and it's makes good power and spools great

strokin6L

Reaction score
i'm sure you have the new tunes for the 66mm already right? Where does the charger start making boost...like at what RPM? Would love to see another vid...maybe a WOT run.

Latest posts

Members online