Battery removal for racing

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
It's ok to remove the passenger side battery and race the truck for a few hours right? Any negatives to doing this?

NY_Mott

Reaction score
I am no expert but my understanding is every 100lbs is about a tenth of a second in the 1/4 mile, so why pull the battery?
My concern would be directed towards the electrical system being stressed due to the lack of the 2nd battery.
Hopefully a pro can chime in with better answers, but if it were me I would not remove it....

Mpoage

Reaction score
Go ahead and pull it. It won't hurt anything and every little bit helps. Just put some black tape over the positive connection so it doesn't short out on something.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Thanks buddy. .1 is a big deal in my book. Plus without batt box I should get better air.

Zmann

Reaction score
don't eat or drink 24 hours before the pull
get a haircut ,wear flip flops

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Bwahahahahaha. I have seriously thought of doing all of that. Also I was thinking of draining 1/2 of the oil and coolant. Remove oil in the rears and take out rear brakes. And a remote control system for driving it saves the truck my 300 lbs. might need a parachute then...thanks fellas, kinda gay that I'm doin this all just to beat a 12.4 but my damn cousin has a LML and I gotta beat him. Blue oval for life

jimdawg185

Reaction score
My XS Power batts are 70lbs each, so it would be worth it. But I think id take all the rear seats out first before id have a pos batt cable hanging loose.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
There isn't anything wrong with using one battery.. I've daily driving my truck on one battery several times

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Thanks wood boy. I put 2 ankle socks then a couple of zip lock bags on the pos bracket. Then taped the ish out of it. Took batt box out too (PITA). I figure I just picked up .0006 by taking the washer fluid out. She's gonna rip tomorrow if the rain is gone! (By rip I mean kinda fast but not really)

jimdawg185

Reaction score
WHS!!!
Good luck, let us know how you do. Im looking forward to my first trip to the track this year.

Delaware6.4

Reaction score
Got all of that except rear seat out. How bad is that to do? And does it go back together we'll? I don't wanna rig my truck back together

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.