Battery time

Arisley

Reaction score
Ive got Johnson Controls rebranded batteries in my truck. Yep, Wal mart batteries. I take them in every two years and they give me new ones.

I used Walmart batteries for years. Swapped out every two years.

I now have O'Reilly's batteries, they are holding up well.

old96stroker

Reaction score
I know I am beating a dead horse here because there has been a couple other "battery " threads but just spend the money and buy the Odyssey's, you won't regret it in the middle of the winter when the truck cranks over almost like it is summer.

Amicus

Reaction score
just bought 2 interstate batteries from CosCo. 850cca, less than $220. for both.

TyCorr

Reaction score
I have done both ways. I had sears diehard platinum in my superduty and its almost 700 bucks for batteries. They were good. Worked nice. It depends on what you do, and the kind of mileage you do. If you run the truck alot you're cooking the shti out of those batteries.

My truck has dual alts and it seems to be hard on them especially when traiker batteries and the like are leeching off it.

My theory is well tested. If you drive the shti out of something nothing lasts. My new trucks were needing batteries at two years old and 100k miles. Other than engine and trans my two year old trucks would have had wrenches on them alot at that point.

If your truck is a service vehicle buy what is right for you. Typically that means what is readily available.

superpsd

Reaction score
Sticking to Deka batteries these day. Only one left made in US as far as I know. And AGM from here on out. (Deka Intimidator)

Last edited:

dboat

Reaction score
I will likely get fried for this one, but have started using the gel batteries from either Autozone or OReillys.. I do have Sears Diehard Platinums in my Jeep and F150, Autozone gel in the wifes Explorer but will likely go that way when the ones in the F250 go south.

Jomax

Reaction score
I will likely get fried for this one, but have started using the gel batteries from either Autozone or OReillys.. I do have Sears Diehard Platinums in my Jeep and F150, Autozone gel in the wifes Explorer but will likely go that way when the ones in the F250 go south.

They're all relabeled anyway. I've had good luck with Autozone batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dboat

Reaction score
They're all relabeled anyway. I've had good luck with Autozone batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well the AGM (er gel to me) seem to hold up better than even the sealed ones, the gel just does better in the heat. I live in North Tx, and it gets hot here in the summer.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.