BB2's new twins, injectors, and hpop.

Chris

Reaction score
Big Boy 2 has acquired a few new goodies. Installed 285/200s, Stealth stg2, and the 38r/gt47 twins. Took it out to mudfest this weekend and thought you guys might want to see a little video footage. Enjoy!

http://youtu.be/p8wNcHHd9Bg

Last edited:

stonepusher

Reaction score
I can speak from experience........this thing is wicked crazy to ride in! Feeling that thing break the tires loose from a 20 mph roll is incredible! Great job on the build guys.

Chris

Reaction score
That tune actually has the pw dialed back a little to keep the EGTS maxxed at 1400, On the all out file w/ another .3 or so ms it picks up a little more power, but egts will hit 1600 and stay. Once we can figure out how to keep a 2.5 ton alive we might throw a bit more fuel at it via bigger sticks and nozzles and then some water.

Anyone know how to inbed the video into the post, instead of having to click on the link?

Chris

Reaction score
Suspension: about 28-30 inches of lift w/ custom leaf springs, custom mounts, subframe etc etc. 2.5 rockwells, 20x16 widened duece and a half wheels, 52 inch michelin xzls.

Transmission: BTS

Motor: Crower rods, girdle, main studs, filled to freeze plugs, balanced, lowered compression (15.5-16ish:1) w/ bowl work and coatings, fire rings, ported heads, h11 studs, hypermax spring kit, crower pushrods, custom fuel system, FASS, 285/200 II injectors, Stealth Stg2, 38r/47 twins, and im sure all the the little one offs i cant remember.

Chris

Reaction score
The turbine housing on the 38r was machined and we welded a vband for a tial 44 to it. The gate for the 47 is in the hot pipe. the gate for the 38 dumps back into hte hot pipe, the gate on the 47 dumps into the hoodstack. Both gates are tial v44s.

Chris

Reaction score
The 38r has the 1.15 and the 47 has the 1.39.

Its definately a fun truck thats for sure. Maybe itll make its way to a track sometime. Eventually its going to get 4 linked, but for now we're concentrating on beefing up the drivetrain. Itd be awesome to get it in the 13s :tree:

Chris

Reaction score
BB1 snuck into the 15s once i think, but normally 16.1 or 16.0. We always ran in 2wd. Itd be awesome if we could get BB2 into the 13s. If we could find a 1410 high angle CV thatll take some rpm i think wed be in business.

I think theres a vid floating around youtube of it racing Dalpilot in like 05 or 06, and im sure Elmo will be along shortly w/ the tug o war in the parking lot against ****ing i mean Buntings truck.