BDP Super Duty Dominator 66 supports 500+

Nic_7.3

Reaction score
Jonathan has done it again. This time on his personal truck making 524.7whp the other night on the rollers....

Mods to the dually include:
BDP 250/100's
Comp 910's
Hypermax Pushrods
ARP Head Studs
BDP 3" billet intakes
BDP Super Duty dominator 66 w/ 1.15 Non waste-gated housing
BTS transmission
BDP 6 position Chip
Stealth Stage 2 HPOP
BDP Regulated Return Fuel System.

jons524_7.jpg

BBottoms

Reaction score
This is good to know. I just ordered a D66 and one day will have Hybrids.

What boost/drive pressures did it hit and how much TQ is that? 1125?

BBottoms

Reaction score
Aren't they both stock housing turbos bored out to 66mm? I thought Beans only made D66s for early 99s and OBS's, which are similar?

Bean

Reaction score
The turbine wheel on a SD is slightly smaller so the OBS actually has a little more potential but its not by much. We can install the OBS size t-wheel in them also and this is whats reffered to as a Super D66 for the Superduty's.

bruce

Reaction score
i know this is a solid turbo but is the price gonna be low enough that people will choose it over a 38r. i know that its just as good, rebuildable but when people hear "ball bearing turbo" their stickers peck out

Bean

Reaction score
Right now we can do SD d66's with a 1:15 housing and the bigger turbine wheel for 1425.00. You can find 38r's for a little cheaper then that but not with a 1:15 houing and a van flange adapter and the bigger turbine wheel. By the time you do those thigs to a 38r it would be over 1800.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Right now we can do SD d66's with a 1:15 housing and the bigger turbine wheel for 1425.00. You can find 38r's for a little cheaper then that but not with a 1:15 houing and a van flange adapter and the bigger turbine wheel. By the time you do those thigs to a 38r it would be over 1800.

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you using an ATS (or other brand) ported compressor housing with the 4" inlet or still using the stock one with the smaller rubber intake tube?

Nic_7.3

Reaction score
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but are you using an ATS (or other brand) ported compressor housing with the 4" inlet or still using the stock one with the smaller rubber intake tube?

The ones we will be selling will have the stock compressor housing, however, we can modify one of the aftermarket covers if you desire....

Bean

Reaction score
Stock style inlet. The ATS housing doesnt do anything for power it only reduces the surge. Adding an ATS housing will just make the price go way up.

RedSmokey

Reaction score
Stock style inlet. The ATS housing doesnt do anything for power it only reduces the surge. Adding an ATS housing will just make the price go way up.

Thanks for answering my questions guys. Just to give you a little background on why I ask... I live in Komifornia where we have to deal with smog inspections/tests. I am considering doing a small performance build up in the future, and just trying to figure out how far I can go while still APPEARING stock. I know the 38r is a stock bolt in, but has the 4" inlet with the new silicone boot, while not blatantly obvious, if the smog tech know anything at all he will probably spot that first. So if I could have the stock airbox and intake tubes all go on to a turbo like this, but still support 500 hp that would be great (and mean I wouldnt have to do a mount and/or turbo swap everytime I have to smog). Then the only thing under the hood that would appear not stock would be a regulated return which I think I could just get away with putting some wire loom around. Sorry for the long post, im just brain storming still, and this seems like it could be the perfect option for me when im ready.

neverkickn

Reaction score
So is the shaft on the obs the same as the shaft on the sd turbo as far as diameter length and contour?

Also does the super d66 have a different thrust bearing or is it a stock bearing set?
I have a 66mm stock charger and wouldnt mind more surface area on the turbine wheel. If I can throw an obs shaft and wheel in there that would be nice.

Latest posts

Members online