Beans diesel ts chip problems

Sal_1607

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping I could get some insight. I ordered a ts chip from beans and it's seriously given me nothing but problems. One of the main reasons I ordered from them was because I heard they have good products and good customer service. It took nearly a month to get the chip. I know they take some time to burn but I thought it was a little excessive also I tried several times contacting them and I got nothing until finally getting them on the phone and even then it seemed like they didn't know what was going on. The guys I spoke to was helpful but it just seemed odd. Finally I get the chip and from the get go it seemed like the tunes just weren't right. I cleaned the pcm good and the chip had a snug fit. But the truck sometimes wouldn't start and it would turn on really rough and idle weird. Now I'm sitting here with what I think is a fried pcm and probably a fried chip and I've tried getting in touch with them but I just can never seem to get an answer no matter what email I message or number I call. Am I the only one that this has happened too? Also what would be a tell tale sign of a messed up pcm. I removed the chip and tried starting it but it just keeps cranking and spitting white smoke out the tail pape :wtf:

Sal_1607

Reaction score
One side of the pcm had a little bit of copper showing but it wasn't bare copper I made sure I didn't go that far. Same thing happened when I installed a chip on my old super duty and everything worked fine. The chip also feels very snug on the pcm. And no the keys were out and batteries unplugged.

Sal_1607

Reaction score
With the chip in it would take a while to start. I had to cycle through the tunes until it finally started on one. Now without the chip it doesn't start at all. I'm thinking the pcm is junked.

Powerstroke Man 6.4

Reaction score
With the chip in it would take a while to start. I had to cycle through the tunes until it finally started on one. Now without the chip it doesn't start at all. I'm thinking the pcm is junked.

Does your wait to start light turn on with the key with the chip out?

Sal_1607

Reaction score
Yeah the wait to start light functions normally now with the chip out but still won't start. And I had no problems before I installed the chip. Going to send my chip to beans so they can test it and see if it still works I know I'm probably going to have to get a new pcm which sucks but hopefully the chip at least still works. I'm thinking about checking fuses before I get a new pcm

Vengeance

Reaction score
Yeah the wait to start light functions normally now with the chip out but still won't start. And I had no problems before I installed the chip. Going to send my chip to beans so they can test it and see if it still works I know I'm probably going to have to get a new pcm which sucks but hopefully the chip at least still works. I'm thinking about checking fuses before I get a new pcm

Did you remove the pcm from the truck to clean it?

Sal_1607

Reaction score
So beans is helping me with this. I sent my chip and pcm to them for testing. They already tested the chip and they said it's good so no just waiting on the pcm.

Latest posts

Members online