Bed lights

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Have some bed lights ordered. Does anyone know if/how I can wire them to the rear light for when the doors open AND the aux switch so I can turn them on manually? Not great with wiring

Pstrke96

Reaction score
What yr/model truck? However I believe all that wiring is in cab so if it was me I would follow frame to firewall and tap appropriate hot wire there for the cargo/dome+ lead.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
08 cclb KR. I'll have a look and see what wiring I can find for the rear cab light. I think I can just run two live wires to the lights. One from the can light and one from the aux switch.

Lugger007

Reaction score
I put bed lights in my 6.7. Their awesome. Rather than wiring to dome switch, I put a momentary switch in the bed. That way you have independent control.
My buddy wired them for me, but we tapped off of trailer ground and hot. Did this on my 6.7 and my previous f150's.
Once you install them you'll wonder why you didn't install them sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

washingtonredneck

Reaction score
I put bed lights in my 6.7. Their awesome. Rather than wiring to dome switch, I put a momentary switch in the bed. That way you have independent control.
My buddy wired them for me, but we tapped off of trailer ground and hot. Did this on my 6.7 and my previous f150's.
Once you install them you'll wonder why you didn't install them sooner.

Have any pics of your setup?

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Doing mine right now. Will tap into aux3 just cause it's there, I have a set in my toolbox on the same circuit that o want to leave on if I need to. I want to tap into something that is timed with the interior lights, like the rear can light but don't know which wire? Someone said violet along the drivers side sill is hot when the door is open.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Well I got them in. Only on the aux switch. I tapped into the violet wire for the rear light but they wouldn't work on it. Not sure why, except maybe my ground I used. But anyway, I'm happy enough for now. Bright enough for $25 eBay specials. I'll get a photo in the dark tonight too.
B05F02E6-1990-4429-ADD9-D09B4F375013_zpsmos3gb3o.png

C4D5BD2B-7E9C-4DAE-9523-2F07A9AD305B_zpstzpmjtlc.png

E10C3066-7912-4961-B10D-026410F8A35B_zpsapgi7pnp.png

JE_6.4

Reaction score
And at night. Really impressed. Not stupid bright but just right. Still want it hooked to the dome lights though but I'm sure I can manage without.
057CF388-ECDB-452D-AA7E-C5E17C943B93_zpsko8g2bdv.png

Lugger007

Reaction score
I like both those setups, they look very handy! JE_6.4 you may have to use a relay using the hot wire from the dome light to trigger it.

Originally I wanted to tie the bed lights to the dome lights, but glad I didn't. Nice to have them operate independently. For instance if your truck is locked you can't turn the bed lights on/off.
Personal preference in the end just my 2 cents.

JE_6.4

Reaction score
Mine is just wired to the upfitter switches in the cab right now. I'll have it on both if possible. Like you say, if the truck is locked you can't turn them off but that's almost what I want. I wan them to turn on and off when the truck is locked, same as the headlights. Very often I have something in the back I need to get and don't want to turn them on, get it out, turn them off. Just be best to have them automatic.
I guess what I'm trying to say is they will be on the dome circuit with the aux switch as a permanent on override

Latest posts

Members online