bed liner coating on valve covers

Lowdown89

Reaction score
It's either beet to cover with them attached, or mask off the mounting areas of both. He sprayed mine separately and didn't mask them. It eventually started seeping oil. So I had to peal off the liner from the ccv and the vc.

Yeah I'm thinking I'm going to mask of the area where the box goes and not coat it there... I was thinking about doing it all together but if the the o rings ever started to leak I don't want to have to worry about it

ColtonP

Reaction score
Local Ford dealership did mine for free while they were spraying a truck. I beadblasted them and put new o-rings in before I took them. Just left the CCV box on.

a693481c-d808-b330.jpg

Pardon the mess in the picture.

AKstroked

Reaction score
I know this is an older thread but im curious/ excited to know how these are holding up for those of you that did it. Im thinking im just going to go do mine and hope the noise level drops like some of you have experienced. Thanks for any insight!

Strokersace

Reaction score
It did help with the tin can sound of the valve covers but I'm not sure how much overall. I had to cut the material out away from the bolt head areas as I couldn't keep them tight and they leaked. Also either have them sprayed with the doghouse on or no liner between the 2 as it'll leak.

Mine have held up well overall. The heat from the downpipe deteriorated the material on the back of the pass side vc. So I ended up removing it back there. Can tell its not there once mounted.

BTW, mine were Linex'd.

AKstroked

Reaction score
Hey thanks for the info i appreciate it. I guess all i need to do now is try and find some valve covers to take and get coated!

Latest posts

Members online