Bed on Cab and Chassis

Trav-O

Reaction score
Anyone installed a bed on a Cab and Chassis truck?

Looking to see if any additional parts and mods are needed to get it aligned and bolted down correctly.

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Cab and chassis trucks have a narrower frame than pick ups, you will probably have to get creative with mounting.

sootie

Reaction score
A box will never look right on a c&c. The frame rails are 34" apart instead of 38 so the bolt holes aren't even close, as well as the rails are flat from behind the cab -therefore the box will sit much higher than it should.

Pstrke96

Reaction score
Cool I guess I didn't know this, I just assumed it was a c&c because I took off a utility box and replaced with a dually box thank you guys for the education

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
Yes. Any factory cab and chassis has narrower frame rails. There are a lot of guys who pull beds off and put utility beds on though. So like sootie said, you will have to measure the frame rails to see what ya got.

AirFishAutomotive

Reaction score
its going to be a cluster ****

as mentioned the frame will be more narrow so new holes there no big deal

biggest problem you will have is the gap between the bed and cab because the axle sits a few inches back

also the bed lines will not match cab line

the end of the bed will be sitting up unless you notch it because the frame is going to be longer then the bed itself

making a rear bumper work will be a pita because of the dimension differences

hardest part is getting fuel to flow correctly because you basically have to have 2 45* or 2 90*elbows on it to get the fuel to flow from your fuel door to your rear mounted fuel tank , unless you do a fuel door hole in the rear of bed

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
its going to be a cluster ****

as mentioned the frame will be more narrow so new holes there no big deal

biggest problem you will have is the gap between the bed and cab because the axle sits a few inches back

also the bed lines will not match cab line

the end of the bed will be sitting up unless you notch it because the frame is going to be longer then the bed itself

making a rear bumper work will be a pita because of the dimension differences

hardest part is getting fuel to flow correctly because you basically have to have 2 45* or 2 90*elbows on it to get the fuel to flow from your fuel door to your rear mounted fuel tank , unless you do a fuel door hole in the rear of bed

Ithink fuel would be the easiest personallh. Excursions run rear mount with a side fill.

Fab to get everything looking right would suck.... I forgot about the axle distance. Have one in the shop that apparently used to be a c&c that now has a bed, and the bed has been lengthened and looks like chit...

Latest posts

Members online