Been collecting goodies for months then BOOM. Texas to do Emissions?

DieselSD

Reaction score
I haven't removed anything but DPF/DOC and the coolers and piping where next with the upcoming x-Mas break. Anybody out there have any more insight on this?

www.legis.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83R/analysis/html/SB01350I.htm

"S.B. 1350 will also require annual emissions testing for diesel vehicles. Diesel emissions testing of some type is required in 23 states. Diesel engine vehicles are already equipped with on-board diagnostic systems similar to those on gasoline engine automobiles. Emissions testing for diesel vehicles will help Texas to comply with clean air standards."

DieselSD

Reaction score
Just pray it doesn't pass and it enjoy it while it lasts. It will eventually happen. Just a matter of time.

That's the kicker. All signs point to implementation starting March 2015. Cant get a straight answer though.

Last edited:

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
that document was from March of 13

everything was to be implemented Jan 1 of 14. The diesel stuff didn't make it through.

I'm not saying it's not coming, but March seems like an awfully arbitrary start date to implement something that there's absolutely ZERO literature on :confused:

Here are a list of amendments that were adopted in May of 13:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/tlodocs/83R/amendments/html/SB01350S2F1.HTM

Note where it says strike section 6?

Until I see evidence to the contrary, I'd say you're clear for take-off for 2015 at least

Last edited:

DieselSD

Reaction score
Thanks dod. I went straight to the source and sent a note to the Texas Commission of Environmental Quality directly. If I get a response back, I'll let you know.

Squat and Poot

Reaction score
I like this though

Currently, Texas issues a vehicle inspection certificate to automobile owners that is attached to the windshield of the vehicle in addition to the vehicle registration certificate. Technology now exists that will allow Texas to move from a physical vehicle inspection sticker.

Wish TX wouldn't require a front plate and we could move to license stickers for inspection and registration.

Last edited:

DieselSD

Reaction score
Extremely happy to report that there reportedly are no plans for testing during 2015! What a relief... I stressed on this to long today. Need a nap.

Till next time that is...

DieselSD

Reaction score
Extremely happy to report that there are no plans for testing during 2015! What a relief... I stressed on this too long today. Need a nap.

Till next time that is...

Latest posts

Members online