Bellowed up pipe install

ccmac

Reaction score
I know i read a post on one of the forums a while back (dont remember which one) where a guy installed the bellowed uppipes already assembled and bolted to the Y. Any one else done this before with any luck?

The reason I ask is because i bought a set off a guy that were used but supposedly in good condition, the only thing he didnt tell me was that they were so rusted theres no chance in hell the threads can be worth a damn if i take them apart. I'm sure with enough brake fluid and kroil i could get them apart, im just afraid that once I do there wont be any thread left in the collector...

David N

Reaction score
It won't "drop" right in per-say, but with a bit of finagling it will eventually fit in there. It also depends on how big your downpipe is. You may have to remove it.

ccmac

Reaction score
4 inch down pipe, but should be easy to take loose and drop out of the way...

Well thanks guys this makes me feel better now

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
Yep they will basically drop in. Only need to get rid of the downpipe to get to the bolts on the manifold. With them assembled, as they are now, you should be able to slide one side or the other in first then just rotate the other side into place.

live life full throttle

fastersteve

Reaction score
I assembled the pass side and was able to wiggle it into place behind the turbo. Easy access to the driver side bolts.

fastersteve

Reaction score
I had just put the turbo on, and didn't want to pull it because I didn't have spare o-rings.

Wasn't much of a struggle really, literally just some wiggling to get it into position. Hardest part was getting the damn pin to line up. That happens regardless.

03ranger30

Reaction score
Here's one I was thinking about today. Is it possible to attach them to the turbo outside of the truck and then drop the whole assembly in?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.