Best 58v ficm and tuning suggestions.

hunterER7

Reaction score
Hey guys, again I'm looking for the best 58v ficm and tunes for my truck. Just wanted to see what everybody is running and suggests. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zmann

Reaction score
Last edited:

hunterER7

Reaction score
the best?

there is no question on that IMO it is the Bulletproof 6 phase
it has redundant circuits and upgraded components
http://www.bulletproofdiesel.com/Bullet_Proof_FICM_p/bpdficmupgrade.htm

the best Tunes are not as cut and dry but the Best FICM tunes are

buy PHP FICM programmer
http://store.gopowerhungry.com/en/performance-electronics/123-ficm-programmer.html

I hear their PCM tunes are Great also I will be trying some soon but the FICM tuner is great

Thanks for the all the info brother. I'm gonna check them out now. I know bulletproof was good just didn't know much about them.

hunterER7

Reaction score
I second PHP's FICM tuning. I love it! Let me see if I can get Jay in here....

Thanks Jeremy. Also gotta pick up and intake from you too.

Trying to finish up my build and spreading money across the bored is getting tiring. From the motor and drivetrain, to suspension is tough to comprehend needs and wants lol.

strokin6L

Reaction score
I have the BPD 6 phase ficm. I tried 58v setting and it did absolutely nothing...no difference what so ever. Honestly I wouldn't waste your time with the 58v...just stay with 48v. I switched mine back to 48v. Ive been running a tuned ficm since 2008...a tuned ficm makes a big difference.

hunterER7

Reaction score
I have the BPD 6 phase ficm. I tried 58v setting and it did absolutely nothing...no difference what so ever. Honestly I wouldn't waste your time with the 58v...just stay with 48v. I switched mine back to 48v. Ive been running a tuned ficm since 2008...a tuned ficm makes a big difference.

Thanks strokin6L! I think I may just buy the PHP ficm tuner for now and go from there

Chatham036

Reaction score
Let me know if I can answer any other questions! It seems Charlie and Jeremy have you set up with the correct answers though!

Yall have a great weekend!

hunterER7

Reaction score
Let me know if I can answer any other questions! It seems Charlie and Jeremy have you set up with the correct answers though!

Yall have a great weekend!

whats going on Jay! was wondering how your ficm tuner works against say the programmed tunes through the sctx4

Chatham036

Reaction score
whats going on Jay! was wondering how your ficm tuner works against say the programmed tunes through the sctx4

Not much man. Just another beautiful day down here in good ol GA.

The FICM tuner and SCT tuner actually work in parallel to each other. The SCT will tune the PCM while the FICM tuner will tune just the FICM.

The best way to think about it, the FICM tuner will compliment the PCM tune to help throttle response, driveability, and smooth out the fuel delivery.

Extended Power

Reaction score
Jay, shoot me a price on those FICM tuners please.
....it will work with the Bullet Proof Diesel 58v 6-phase, correct?

hunterER7

Reaction score

The FICM tuner and SCT tuner actually work in parallel to each other. The SCT will tune the PCM while the FICM tuner will tune just the FICM.

The best way to think about it, the FICM tuner will compliment the PCM tune to help throttle response, driveability, and smooth out the fuel delivery.

That's awesome. I'm definitely gonna need to pick one up ASAP

Extended Power

Reaction score

TAKE MY MONEY!!! :pimp:

Corys6.0

Reaction score
I seem to be confused on the FICM thing. Seems like there is 2 options and I have no clue which one is the best. My truck is an 04 with 123k miles truck seems to run good so far. Sounds like you can send your entire FICM in for a rebuild and tune or just buy a FICM- tuner? Now does the FICM tuner come with tunes on it or?

strokin6L

Reaction score
I seem to be confused on the FICM thing. Seems like there is 2 options and I have no clue which one is the best. My truck is an 04 with 123k miles truck seems to run good so far. Sounds like you can send your entire FICM in for a rebuild and tune or just buy a FICM- tuner? Now does the FICM tuner come with tunes on it or?

Yes it comes with 4 different tunes, economy, Atlas 40, Atlas 80 and atlas100

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.