best aftermarket shock for stock height?

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
Even I know the stock "Rancho" shocks suck and I've never even had a 4wd truck. lol

What's good to replace them? Are the 5100 Bilsteins still well thought of? Looking for someone that sells a dual steering stabilizer kit that will match also.

sootie

Reaction score
forget Rancho and Bilstien-go with Fox shocks no question. hit up smokinstroker on here.

trevor @ PMF has a good steering stabilizer kit, NotStock on here...

JDub

Reaction score
I put 5100's on my stock height Duramax last year and have regretted it ever since. Think I'll go back to the tried and true Monroe Reflex (which is half the cost too)

Buck1

Reaction score
Mommy's truck needs new shocks, so subbing to learn. I ran regular Bilsteins on my truck and was not happy, seems like once the new where's off they start riding hard. Was hoping the 5100s would be better. Was gonna quiz smokinstroker on his opinion as well.

TripleE44

Reaction score
Fox 2.0's would be what I would say. I went from 5160s to them and they're definitely softer.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
i have a hell of a time with saw cut concrete from here to denver, and i have yet to really be impressed with a shock that fixes that. I think alot of it is in the rear but like i said nothing has fixed it for sure.

NotStock

Reaction score
Bang for the buck, I would do a Fox 2.0 IFP. We have them instock and also have a dual stabilizer that runs matching shocks. I have both instock and ready to ship!

Dzchey21

Reaction score
so whats everyones experience with saw cut interstate? The issue i have is the truck litterally bounces the entire time. Its not just this truck is everyone i have ever had. My dads truck doesnt seam to do it but its got 35s and 18s so much more sidewall to soak that up.

Anyone have the same problem and switch to 2.0s and have it fix that?

Sorry to derail

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yeah, i wouldnt think they would even be close to hitting them tho? And i have ridden in trucks without them that do the same.

Mixedbreed

Reaction score
i have a hell of a time with saw cut concrete from here to denver, and i have yet to really be impressed with a shock that fixes that. I think alot of it is in the rear but like i said nothing has fixed it for sure.

I thought that was only my truck!! Damn that road sucks.

I have 5100's and can't complain. But I have never ran anything that is dual res or a higher end. Just Monroe on cars and eibach on my lowered 150.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
so whats everyones experience with saw cut interstate? The issue i have is the truck litterally bounces the entire time. Its not just this truck is everyone i have ever had. My dads truck doesnt seam to do it but its got 35s and 18s so much more sidewall to soak that up.

Anyone have the same problem and switch to 2.0s and have it fix that?

Sorry to derail

does this happened at a certain speed Dustin? some trucks like to have a rear end bounce around 45-50 and progressively gets worse until your 55+.

Richard, i would say the fox 2.0 IFP is a good bang for the buck, if you are wanting a HUGE improvement, go with a 2.5 shock and don't look back. The difference in handling on a 2.5 is astronomical.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
does this happened at a certain speed Dustin? some trucks like to have a rear end bounce around 45-50 and progressively gets worse until your 55+.

Richard, i would say the fox 2.0 IFP is a good bang for the buck, if you are wanting a HUGE improvement, go with a 2.5 shock and don't look back. The difference in handling on a 2.5 is astronomical.

It does that too LOL

But yes on my drive to work it does that bounce untill i get to about 60 and then clears up. I just figured that out yesterday actually LOL

It feels about the same at 75-80 on a certain stretch of high way, I have slowed down and sometimes that helps or speed up to 85 and it helps but doesnt get rid of it.

smokinstroker

Reaction score
It does that too LOL

But yes on my drive to work it does that bounce untill i get to about 60 and then clears up. I just figured that out yesterday actually LOL

It feels about the same at 75-80 on a certain stretch of high way, I have slowed down and sometimes that helps or speed up to 85 and it helps but doesnt get rid of it.

this is a very common problem with the super duties, some have it and some don't (still trying to pinpoint what the factor is)

i have thrown some weight in the bed and that usually takes care of it. it seems to be a problem with the unsprung weight on the leafs in the rear. try throwing 250-400 pounds in the bed (i use 50lb bags of sand since they are cheap) and see if that fixes it. 90% of the times some weight in the bed clears it up completely.

i was just at a shop near me the other day talking about this same problem with the owner. His 11 did it and his 15 dually does it.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
this is a very common problem with the super duties, some have it and some don't (still trying to pinpoint what the factor is)

i have thrown some weight in the bed and that usually takes care of it. it seems to be a problem with the unsprung weight on the leafs in the rear. try throwing 250-400 pounds in the bed (i use 50lb bags of sand since they are cheap) and see if that fixes it. 90% of the times some weight in the bed clears it up completely.

i was just at a shop near me the other day talking about this same problem with the owner. His 11 did it and his 15 dually does it.

I have an in bed transfer tank and have filled it before a run with no luck, but its also at the front of the bed and so thats not really where the weight needs to be. Ill try it out. i know with a trailer (which is about 90% of my highway driving) i dont have issues

Latest posts

Members online